Original topic:

Find my mobile from watch 4 no sound. Only vibrates

(Topic created: 11-17-2021 04:38 AM)
DissidentPenguin
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have my Watch 4 since it started selling last August. It's paired.to a Samsung galaxy S7, and since the beginning, finding my phone from the watch app produces no sound. Only the screen "Finding your phone" is presented, and the phone vibrates but produces no sound.

I have tried checking the permissions+priority+ringtone of the "Find my mobile" app in mobile's app settings, as.well.as.reinstalling it.

I also tried clearing the cache of the phone in the android maintenance boot menu.

I also completely removed the samsung wearable app from my phone and did the whole installation and pairing process again. but nothing has worked.

If I use "Find my phone" from the Samsung web portal, everything works fine,.But not from the watch. I have the feeling both services use a different app, which I find very confusing.

At this point I have lost hope to be able to solve this problem, so any help much appreciated!

0 Likes
3 Replies
Calder-Cay
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Double-check in Settings
0 Likes
DissidentPenguin
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks for your answer. Would it be possible for you to be more specific? I have double checked `settings/sound` and `settings/apps/Find my mobile` and nothing is set to vibrate. All permissions are granted and both apps have a ringtone selected. One thing I noticed is that the `Find my mobile` app doesn't preview the ringtones when selected, but haven't been able to solve this, and I have the feeling this is related to my issue.

Also, if I understand correctly, `Find my mobile` should make a sound even if the phone is muted. At least it says so in the manual.

Is there a way to see debug logs of the `find my mobile` app?

0 Likes
useraHoKodwK0t
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm following. I have had the same issue. My ringtone is set but phone just vibrates. And it was after I upgraded watch.
0 Likes