Original topic:

Flickering and Flashing

(Topic created: 09-08-2021 07:41 PM)
user9eyqD3XkPc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello,

One day my watch decided to turn off while O was wearing it. It began to reboot. Then it turned on and I could use it, only for a minute though. It reboot again. Then turned black then reboot again. It did this all night. Eventually the screen started to flicker like an old tv on video., with lines and flashes. I let it die. Then now I put it on the charger and it is doing it again. Flickering, flashing, and saying "Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 Rebooting..." then turning black then doing it again. Occasionally it will turn black for a long time (1-2min) then start again.  I have included a video.  The video does not show it flickering or the word "rebooting...", however it is in real life.

Thank you.

-Chad 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fPwV5TybmIh2Vexl2KLqCRleGnsylLd1/view?usp=drivesdk

2 Replies
Jerome2
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
All I can say right now is that flickering happened due to pixels having to turn off and on constantly at long periods of time, causing image retention. I know this because it happens to my old tablet that reboots due to a dead battery but it goes away in a while. To the rebooting part, I cannot come up with an explanation other than it's a flip-bit error. In other words, the software were somehow corrupted leading to the bootloop. Don't take my word for it but it's something to know about. Do contact Samsung Care about this issue.
0 Likes
ShannaMay
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I am having this EXACT issue with my not even month old galaxy watch 4. Very upset!
Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 128GB (Unlocked) | Galaxy Watch 4 Classic 42mm Black LTE
0 Likes