Original topic:

GALAXY WATCH BATTERY LIFE/ NEW UPDATE

(Topic created on: 3/2/21 10:23 PM)
userK8i33mujvc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Is Samsung doing anything to fix theor latest update and the issues it caused with battery life? Seems like this isn't the first time this has happened.   I have a 2 month old watch now that I can't wear for more than 2 hours a day.  

5 Replies
useriJOteSAdUZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm wondering the same thing!  I am going to be infuriated if my expensive watch continues to be nearly unusable after this update. I can't periodically stop my day to charge my dying watch, and I'm more than a little p&sed off that I spent so much money buying the d&mn thing.

ducsurfer
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
i dont have that issue.... runs easily 36 hrs.... are you running any particular watch with heavy usage on battery?
0 Likes
userK8i33mujvc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

No I've turned off notifications and apps and everything I could and everything that was suggested when I Googled the issue.  I got the watch for Xmas and it worked perfectly for 3 months.  Because it doesn't get alot of action, the battery would easily last 2 days before needing a charge.  And even then it would only be between 50 and 60 battery life left.   It updated and it literally will die within 2 hours.  If I put it on airplane mode it will almost last 3 hours.  It charges super slow now also.  I searched and it looks like this happened last year with one of their watch updates too.  Its kind of alot of money to spend to only get 3 months of service out of it 

bill-e
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

Just as a data point, my watch is running fine. LTE

Screen_20210304_110223.pngScreen_20210304_110211.png

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy S21 Ultra 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S4, Galaxy Watch3 (VZW)
0 Likes
userDlIE35BuTF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

My Active 2 LTE was purchased only 60 days ago, and I'm already having trouble holding a charge for more than 4-6 hours.  My daily usage is minimal, i.e. time, steps, and a couple of texts.

These batteries must be poorly designed - or very OLD! 

0 Likes