cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

GEAR S3 BATTERY DRAINING

I recently purchased a new phone. Installed wearable app and now my battery on my watch barely asks 10hrs. I've Uninstalled/reinstalled and still the same issue. Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: GEAR S3 BATTERY DRAINING

Hello, hope all is well.

How long have you had the watch for? I would first try to factory reset, and re-pair it to your phone. If the issues persists and you feel like the battery is draining, you may need to get it serviced by mailing it out. You can start the process by contacting 1800 SAMSUNG and they will give you instructions on how to do this!

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hi @useraxz4RbxvWX 

Here are a few steps you can try, if not done so already, that may help with your battery drain issue. 

1. Reboot your watch. Hold the Power button until the options screen appears, then tap Power Off. Once it's off, hold the Power button to turn it back on.

2. Close your recent apps. Just like your device, your watch holds recent apps in memory. Press your apps button and rotate the bezel to select Recent apps. Tap Close all.

3. Reduce your screen brightness. Reducing your screen brightness to a reasonable number should make it visible in most situations, but not overpowering. On your watch, go to Settings > Display.

4. Turn off NFCIf you don't use mobile payments, you can probably turn this off until you need it. 

5. Turn off Always-on Display. The always on display shows your watch face even when you're not looking at it. Go to Settings > Watch Faces > Watch always on to turn this feature off.

These are a few simple steps to take to reduce battery drain.

I hope this helps in any way. Have a great day. 

Highlighted
Product Expert

Okay, it may sound like an issue where the device may need to be serviced. You may have to ship it out for service. For shipping repair, you need to call Samsung, the hotline is indicated in this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/. The number is going to be listed on that link, call that number and speak to a representative. Please be sure to have the proof of purchase handy because you will have to submit that. They will provide you with a UPS shipping label and will give you all of the instructions.

Highlighted
Constellation

yesterday my Gear S3 Frontier's battery started to drain crazy fast. from 100% to being completely dead in just a few hours while my usual batterylife is around 2-3days. It has done this once before back in 2018 i think but that was due to a bad update and has since been fixed if i remember correctly, and to my knowlage there has been no updates to the watch or the phone app recently so dunno whats up. Anyways so far i have tried factory reset and turning off location wifi diagnostic info and all that good stuff to no effect.