Original topic:

GPS JUST NOT WORKING

(Topic created on: 1/21/21 8:59 PM)
susanq99
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Does ANYONE use the SOS GPS on the Galaxy Watch 3 standalone?  It just doesn't work!  Have tested it many times and in San Jose, the GPS location most of the time is about 2 blocks away.  Worse than that, tested in jamestown, Ca and it said I was in Manteca, Ca, over 50 miles away.

This part of their fall detection functionality and I waited 9 months for it.  The phone call does correctly call the contact, but the GPS location is consistently wrong.

Called tech support and they said send the watch in. This is the 2nd watch I had, the Active 2 did the same thing, so it's highly likely it's not just the watch I have, but a problem with the functionality.  I used a simple app on my phone, GPSData, and it consistently gives me the right GPS. Why can't Samsung use something like that?  I told them it was my cell phone and I needed a replacement sent so I would have something in the meantime.  They won't do it.

They say they have not received any problem calls on this.  Are any of you using the GPS on the Watch 3 standalone?  

3 Replies
user5viAxdDRDD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
i am trying to figure out if the active 2 has gps.
0 Likes
susanq99
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes your active too has GPS. Make sure you have the most recent updates. If you want to test it execute the SOS function. You execute the SOS by tapping the bottom button three times quickly. You need to have set up a contact beforehand so that person will be called and a text will go to that person with a GPS location.

0 Likes
IMROAR
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
hkliokfqf11og1kk8lkl1 quickly jg1mjy1wf a.c Kia q 8f1 qif1 zee 0u,qf1 k1qlpi1 q9qkl1. af1,qk1 a8a1 azad mf Q 1 a8 FAA 1. u ccx, qkmf Qaeda f1qwlff1 aqf1 wjf w9r1 w8f1 a,f1 wmf1dq HD w8mfqqf11w in g1x8klf1 ws Q f1 aka I'm g1 kg1xuqxkqxkfaawkr1 w8qolqakqajqq8kr Q ql
0 Likes