Original topic:

GW3 - HR works in everything but auto-detect

(Topic created on: 1/27/21 6:33 PM)
NoSympathy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have found some posts here and there where it's just barley mentioned but nothing ever comes of it and nothing is mentioned very direct about the issue. 

So I originally had a Galaxy watch and would exercise on a stepper 30 mins a day. I would hop on, go all out, get off and I was done. Watch would auto-detect walking and record the whole thing. I upgraded to the GW3 for a few reasons, but noticed that I no longer track one key feature for me, HR. 

So I did a lot of digging around, I found settings like buried under privacy>system settings that there is a toggle for the watch basically overriding everything else and putting the sensor to sleep. That appears to have fixed my HR not always reading all the time. Now it updates constantly and not every 10 minutes despite having the setting on in the health app to always read HR.

The one thing I cannot figure out and fix is HR during auto-detect. If it auto-detects me walking, it will never read the HR. This can be a regular walking around a store or it can be all out on the stepper. If I manually start a workout using the walking option, it will read my HR the whole time no problem. 

I see no way this is a me problem, I can't find any other settings buried anywhere that cause this, anyone else ever figure out why it just doesn't work in auto-detect? 

I much prefer the way auto-detect acts if I have to stop a second. If I do a forced workout, it will stop on me and requires me to manually resume. If I forgot to do this, it doesn't record the workout. 

Any help is greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
1 Reply
NoSympathy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Bumping this. 

I did a full reset of the watch, to no change. It would be nice to get responses, even if they just say yours works correctly. Then I at least know I have a bad watch somehow. 

Specifically auto-detect workout. Soon as it starts auto-detect it stops reading the HR immediatly. I can read 170+ with a forced workout session. 

0 Likes