Original topic:

GW4 Dropped

(Topic created: 12-24-2023 12:06 AM)
alfro
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just dropped my Galaxy Watch4 (non-classic) straight onto my floor from a height of about 1-meter. The "thud" wasn't too loud and it seems to be working fine but I'm worried about damage to the internals (sensors, etc). Should I be this worried or is it fine?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Galaxy Watch
The non-classic GW4 weighs 30 grams for the 44 mm and 26 grams for the 40 mm. The body is aluminum, and the display is covered in Gorilla glass. It should be OK as long as the buttons were not damaged and from what you say, they were not involved. Crisis averted. You can resume breathing. I have been there and can empathize.

Hopefully, the local rescue squad did not respond, but it appears that you had wrist detection set.

These devices are certainly durable.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Options
Galaxy Watch
The non-classic GW4 weighs 30 grams for the 44 mm and 26 grams for the 40 mm. The body is aluminum, and the display is covered in Gorilla glass. It should be OK as long as the buttons were not damaged and from what you say, they were not involved. Crisis averted. You can resume breathing. I have been there and can empathize.

Hopefully, the local rescue squad did not respond, but it appears that you had wrist detection set.

These devices are certainly durable.