Original topic:

GW4 Google Assistant?

(Topic created: 09-24-2021 08:31 AM)
userF0LQyJpmQb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

As we all know, Google Assistant is currently missing from the GW4. This post is to ask Samsung for an  actual update on if and when it will come to galaxy watch 4. Please do not respond with the useless "we are working closely with Google to bring these popular..." nonsense, we have all seen it already and it is not helpful at all. 

Specific questions:

Is Google Assistant definitely coming to GW4: Yes or No?

If so, when is it expected to arrive? Weeks? Months? 2023?

Why is it not here already? Is Google in the process of reworking GA for OS3 but the GW4 came out before it was complete? Would GA already function on OS3 but Samsung is not allowing it to appear yet? It seems odd that many other complicated Google Wear apps like Pay and Maps already function perfectly on the Gw4/os3 but assistant does not. However, it also seems odd that Samsung would allow Gpay to replace Samsung Pay but not allow GA to replace Bixby if GA was already functioning. People want to know what's really going on here and why, not "we're working on trying to have GA" with no details. 

Samsung, sales would skyrocket if you could guarantee GA will be fully supported and tell us when. People are holding out on buying the watch because of the lack of certainty that this key feature will arrive. I'm nearing the end of my return window. I like the watch, but it's useless if GA will not eventually be supported. If I know for sure it will arrive, and I know when that will be, I can keep the watch and wait. If instead, I only know "we're working on it" and have no guarantee it will ever arrive or when, I'm going to have to return the watch and consider buying another once GA is here. These vague answers we keep getting are costing you a lot of returns and sales. Tell us what's actually going on so the community can decide if they want to buy this watch or not!

4 Replies
graffix31
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
As much as I agree with you do you really think you will get a response to this? They don't owe you this answer. It amazes me hold bold people are sometimes. Samsung has been doing this for quite a while now. Your going to have to wait like the rest of us until they are ready to say something about this. Buy the watch or don't just like everyone else knowing where it stands at the time you buy it and stop acting so entitled. Jees. Sorry end rant
0 Likes
JosephnK
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Watch
If they're saying it's "coming soon" I think they owe their consumers a timeline if they don't want to lose them.
0 Likes
graffix31
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I agree with what your saying about possibly losing customers. Just don't agree with the fact they "owe" it to you.
0 Likes
JosephnK
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Watch
Silly me. I only paid for the watch, not for the promised features.
0 Likes