Original topic:

GW4 repeated notifications

(Topic created: 06-09-2022 08:40 AM)
Eaghan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Since the update...
When I get an email, my watch will notify me but then continue to vibrate every few minutes. I do not have any reminder notifications set up on my phone. It never did this before the update.

Also, every Discord message I get, my watch vibrates. It used to vibrate for the first message from a person or in a group. Additional messages would show in the notification, but there was no additional vibrating on my phone or watch. Phone messages are the same, it's just the watch that notifies for each one.

My phone is always nearby, but I don't always hear it vibrate, hence the watch. I have to turn off notifications for some apps, which defeats the main purpose of the watch.

Is there a fix? Does anyone else have this issue?

Phone is Galaxy S21 Ultra
8 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. Sorry for the delay in response. I can certainly understand how frustrating multiple vibrating notifications can be and would be happy to look into this further for you.

Does this only happen with those two specific apps?

Have you had an update since this post and are you still experiencing these symptoms?

What type of device do you have paired with your watch?

0 Likes
Eaghan
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I've only noticed it with Gmail and Discord. I did notice that Gmail only repeated the notifications with my Exchange account, it doesn't occur with my Gmail accounts. It does still happen.
Discord continues to do this, notifying for every message. I had to turn off Discord notifications on my watch since the update, I just checked and it still happens.

It's paired with a Galaxy S21 Ultra. I had the phone and watch for months before the update in February, and this was never an issue for Gmail, Discord or any other app.
0 Likes
userxbZWf5pUep
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've been having the same issue with my GW 4, it is connected to my S22 Ultra.  I've turned off the notifications on my phone but still getting repeat notifications on my watch.  Is there a fix for this?

0 Likes
SAMDestroy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

i have the exact same behavoir for gmail notifications (repeated vibration for gmail notification i didnt cleared). i dont know about discord because im currently not using it.

we need a fix, workaround or setting to avoid this.

0 Likes
userDbHdVFeVx6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Is anyone else getting an excessive amount of notifications through the Watch 4? If I'm on a 2 hr meeting and can't constantly check my watch. I get a series of repeat notifications every time I have a new unchecked notice. So, each new text is preceeded by a notice for every other text I've received and haven't cleared. If I have viewed the text, the content of that text comes up to view again (won't go away) and the series of notifications repeat over top of it. For a device designed for productivity, the forethought of function is severely lacking. 
tom2055
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
In the wearable app you can choose which apps can send the notifications to ur watch,

also if ur in a meeting just turn on do not disturb or mute your watch
userDbHdVFeVx6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I still want to receive notifications from these apps, so turning them off is counterproductive. The repeat notifications is the problem. I don't want to have to silence my watch every time I start any activity as not receive 12 consecutive buzzes for every new text.
0 Likes
DanG92263
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch
Sounds like your watch isn't connected properly.

Suggest resetting your connections and reconnecting the watch.

To start, go to Settings, then type 'reset network settings' in search.

https://thedroidguy.com/reset-network-settings-samsung-1123485
0 Likes