JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

GW4 screen on while exercising

(Topic created: 09-12-2021 01:19 AM)
userXN0eF6UKdM
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Samsung, why did you remove the option to keep the screen on while exercising on the GW4? It used to be on option in the exercise settings on previous watches and also on the GW4 as it came out of the box. But once the watch gets some updates, this option disappears from the exercise settings menu and you have to turn on the general "Always on display" to keep the screen on while exercising. "Always on display" is a bad way to do it. It displays a dim exercise screen which is hard to see and I have to keep turning it on before I start exercising and off when I finish. Please bring back the "Keep Screen On" option in the exercise settings menu.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

Although we have no way of predicting when a feature if or will return back to a device. We can only recommend that you download the next update and maybe the feature you are looking for will be available. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

4 Replies
Ryshad
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
My exercise screen comes on every time I unload a truck at work, and I can't never get the thing to turn off, unless I push a buttonor 2, smh, and I don't use AOD. I've installed every watch update, and haven't changed any exercise settings.
Samsung Galaxy S7
userXN0eF6UKdM
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

The watch probably recognizes your unloading as an exercise routine. Try going into Samsung Health -> Settings -> Auto Detect Workouts and turn off some of the options there.

Solution
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

Although we have no way of predicting when a feature if or will return back to a device. We can only recommend that you download the next update and maybe the feature you are looking for will be available. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Ariscott56
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
Even though I'm on Tizen, I'm still hoping all the others on WearOS are being treated good too. I hope you get this feature back