Did you mean: 
userelvqpvGzGc
Asteroid

Re: GWA2 Weather Not Updating on Bluetooth

Yes (you asked me that before as well). 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried resetting your Galaxy watch active 2?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userelvqpvGzGc
Asteroid

Unfortunately, although I have tried all recommended solutions the problem has not been resolved yet. I even did a factory reset on my phone. This is clearly a watch issue and I really hope that Samsung does something about it.  The weather widget never updates and the same holds true for all Samsung faces with weather information unless I turn bluetooth off and then on again. This is very dissapointing.

SleepyTheDon
Asteroid

Did you get an answer or your issue resolved?

userdrDVXixtt5
Astronaut

I have the same issue, it only updates when I go into the app and manually refresh the weather then go back the watch face.

It's annoying, my main thing is to see UV index so I know when I can go outside (australia) Smiley Happy

userRzk43Kx2RT
Constellation

Also this! Fix it!

userlKjjf9z24U
Constellation

Brand new Active 2 connected to a Galaxy S7.  All software up to date.  The watch weather app does not update when connected to my phone through bluetooth.  I go to the weather app click, scroll down to the bottom where it shows the last updated time.  I click the refresh button and it spins and spins then times out and the data and time does not change.  I turn off my phone's bluetooth, let my watch connect to WIFI and again click the refesh button and the data and time updates.  

Highlighted
ArjanRqbC8fsX9H
Astronaut

I had the same issues as described in this post and found a solution (or workaround) that works for me. Maybe for others as well. The original Samsung weather widget did not update over bluetooth, but it did successfully update when bluetooth was disabled, when the watch had to go through wifi. For me the problem was solved by going to the Galaxy Wear app on my phone (Samsung A50), going to the section "account and backup" and disabling "remote connection". After this, the Samsung weather widget works all the time, both through an hourly update and through a manual update. This way remote connection functionality is not available anymore, so this is more a workaround than a solution, but at least the weather widget works as would be expected. Somehow, disabling the mentioned setting seems to force the phone and watch to use the bluetooth link, rather than (unsuccessfully) trying to setup some wifi connection between the two of them. Maybe this helps....