cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

GWA2 not recieving firmware updates

So, I have had the Galaxy Watch Active2 for a couple of weeks. Setting it up and syncing it to my phone was fairly simple. However, tech-interested as I am, I follow several sites regarding rumors and updates. And when looking back, I see that my watch has a firmware ending with "ATA1" that was released back in january. Following this release, at least two newer firmwares have seen the light of day since my version with the latest being "R825XXU1BTD3". 

I am not satisfied with the battery life and some micro lags when using the interface. So I would appreciate some well-awaited updates. Have anyone else experienced unreasonable delays in firmware distribution? The updates weigh in around 20 MB so I hardly believe this is server related.

I have a lot of Samsung products and hope that someone can shed some light over this matter soon so that I can remain as a happy customer. 

Regards, 

Rickard from Sweden

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Galaxy

Re: GWA2 not recieving firmware updates

I too wonder about Samsung's "update" procedure.  I've got about 3 updates to my Apple watch, mostly security updates, and absolutely nothing from Samsung other than the very first update when I got the watch way back in January.  I keep seeing/hearing about updates, but nothing ever is acknowledged by my watch.  Oddly enough, my software ends in ASI1.  Why so many different versions?

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: GWA2 not recieving firmware updates

I am glad that I am not the only one. Still no response from a moderator. Why is this such a big matter from Samsung? I, at least, would feel great relief if someone from the company give some kind of feedback in this matter.