JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Burn/Rash from watch

(Topic created: 04-21-2021 02:21 PM)
userEPZXhUjETP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I developed a itching rash on my wrist.  I then gave time to heal and replaced the band with a leather band with the same result. I cannot wear this watch for this reason.  Help.

20210421_171243.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello. I can definitely see how this would be concerning!  I hope you are okay, and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this is caused you!  We do have a specialized team that would be happy to help you with this situation. I would encourage you to reach out to this team directly to get this matter resolved.

Please be aware, this team will be asking for specific information, such as your name, street address, email, place of purchase, bill of sale (to validate warranty status), and will request any documentation related to this incident. The additional documentation could include photos of an injury/damage, receipts or estimates of repairs, and/or medical documentation, etc.

The quickest way to reach this specialized team is by calling 1-800-726-7864.

Alternatively, you can reach out to our Facebook or Twitter Support teams to set up a call back.

If you don’t wish to call, I would recommend speaking with our Live Chat team.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 Replies
girlygirl260
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Try the sylacone bands and mak nsure to keep your wrist dry
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello. I can definitely see how this would be concerning!  I hope you are okay, and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this is caused you!  We do have a specialized team that would be happy to help you with this situation. I would encourage you to reach out to this team directly to get this matter resolved.

Please be aware, this team will be asking for specific information, such as your name, street address, email, place of purchase, bill of sale (to validate warranty status), and will request any documentation related to this incident. The additional documentation could include photos of an injury/damage, receipts or estimates of repairs, and/or medical documentation, etc.

The quickest way to reach this specialized team is by calling 1-800-726-7864.

Alternatively, you can reach out to our Facebook or Twitter Support teams to set up a call back.

If you don’t wish to call, I would recommend speaking with our Live Chat team.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
MrNobody1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm also having this issue. Rash on skin.
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to look into this further for you. Can you please provide me with the following information in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number:

0 Likes
userwuIKc18pt2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Dear Samsung 

When I wear my watch I get a Rash from Band the Samsung 46mm Smartwatch band. See photos. I’ve tried cleaning washing band in soap and water, I’ve even stopped wearing it for awhile to let my wrist heal but when I put it back on after a day or two the rash will come back which itches and gives the skin a permanent burn mark.. What can you do. I’ve read on some other posts I’m not the only one with this problem

60459712-164F-4941-8374-156E91423305.jpeg

Sincerely 

Michael B

480Bronco
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
This looks like contact dermatitis. I get it as well if I wear bands that won't allow moisture to evaporate while wearing the watch. Also, don't let water get trapped under your watch band when washing hands.

I fixed the problem by switching to the metal mesh band on my apple watch.

I don't have a Samsung watch but it appears to have a rubber strap, which is what caused my issue originally. If you see a doctor, they'll likely RX some topical steroid to get it to heal faster.

In short, see your doc.
useruGgIWSky7I
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello community,

Recently I bought the Galaxy Watch from my brother, I've been wearing it for a while now, but I've started getting rashes after wearing it for a while. I was pretty disappointed since the watch itself works great, can this be due to the rubber band? And if so, what can I do about it to prevent this? Because buying a new wristband would suck since that basically means it just costs extra. 

I also provided an image to show what happens after a while. Hope someone can help answer my questions, thanks.

IMG_20210914_082823.jpg

SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello, I am very sorry to hear of the watch causing a rash, and we take these concerns very seriously. As soon as you are able, please send a private message to me by either tapping my username, clicking my username then Send Message, or following this link: https://bit.ly/3hzZfw8

In the private message, please include the following pieces of information: 

Full Name:

Physical address (including city, state, and zip code):

Email Address:

Best Contact Number:

Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)

Model Code:

Serial/IMEI Number:

Thank you in advance for your response. 

0 Likes
Serg675
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm afraid you have no other choise as to by few types of band (rubber, lather, stainless steel braсelet etc.) and see which one doesn't irritate your skin.