Original topic:

Galaxy 4 LTE watch GSM - pairing and LTE questions

(Topic created: 11-18-2022 01:50 AM)
g2021
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

My brother gave me his samsung galaxy 4 LTE watch his provider was tmobile. At the time he was paying a phone bill for the watch to have its own number. He has since stopped paying for the cell phone number service which is fine.

My provider is POWERED by t-mobile but I am not a t-mobile customer so I am also GSM. 

I have both a galaxy 9+ and a galaxy 21ultra.
I've never had an issue using Bluetooth with the watch on the galaxy 9+
I want to know if I can use the watch between my galaxy 9+ & my 21 ultra depending on which phone I'll be using during that day? 

Also tricker question: He stopped paying the watches cellphone number which is fine. I attempted to make a call to see what would happen and it said to select the service provider I'd like to use. (When I talked to my service provider she knew practically nothing about the watches) would I be able to get my own number on the watch? 

Originally he factory reset everything & disconnected it from his phone but we were having trouble getting it to connect via blue tooth with my galaxy 9 & I worried I may have messed up the phone (since its been acting weird since *finder google & samsung experience keep crashing*) I tried to clean the cache but it didn't help much if anyone has any insight on that I would really appreciate it also (the crashing of the galaxy 9)
Thank you in advance for helping me solve this problem. I appreciate the help. 

3 Replies
Options
Galaxy Watch
Using the device between your two phones..
I'm not sure, I'm thinking you'll have to use the watch paired to one watch at a time. I think trying to use it with a different device, you'll be prompted to reset the watch, each time.

When activating with a service provider, so long as the device isn't locked or black listed by the carrier. They will determine that by you giving them the watches IMEI number.
Try contacting your providers technical support team.

I hope this helps. Have an awesome day.. Good luck
0 Likes
Papa-smurph
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I think you can turn off the gsm part of the watch and just use Bluetooth. GSM eats up battery and is kinda **bleep** as a phone anyway unless you're using headphones or earbuds anyway. I'm still trying to get my note 9 to screen mirror to this new chromebook I regret buying. It's a joke of a tab-uter really
0 Likes
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@g2021 Sorry but you can only use a watch only with a single phone at a time. You would need to reset the watch to move from one phone to another. 

OTOH, you can have multiple watches connected to a phone without having to reset when you swap between watches. 

0 Likes