Original topic:

Galaxy 4, maps connect to phone

(Topic created: 12-07-2021 08:32 PM)
userInLue3BjSN
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

My smart watch Galaxy 4 (BT, not classic), when I open google maps says connect to phone, and because of that I can't search from my watch to get directions, anyone know how to fix it? Thanks!

0 Likes
2 Replies
NeonX89
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Well i will tell you from the standpoint of the Galaxy watch 4 Bluetooth model being wear OS there's little to no difference between my TicWatch Pro 2020 (Bluetooth) "wear os" I've never been able to set a location directly from the watch. I can zoom and and scroll around and re-center my map but as for setting a direction It has to be from the app on the phone even if you voice search it from the watch.

I just bought the (Galaxy watch 4 Classic LTE)
I'm not 100% sure since the app is the same Wear OS you "maybe" able to search/select a given location but I'll try when I get it. I know you can use voice command to find a location but it still says connect to my phone.
0 Likes
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello @ , I understand the convenience of using the Maps app on the Watch 4. You can use the steps in this article to search directions in the app directly from the watch. https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/using-google-maps-on-samsung-watch/ Please let me know if this helps.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes