Original topic:

Galaxy 5 40mm watch battery died suddenly

(Topic created: 09-20-2022 12:12 PM)
AceofTrace
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
So I just bought a brand new Galaxy watch 5 40 mm yesterday. Took it home and charged it to 100%. Then I paired it to my phone too pick a watch face and install software updates before going to bed wearing the watch. After the updates , the battery life was at 87%. When I woke up this morning, the watch was completely dead and it had died sometime during the night. I put it on the charger and it said 1%. Charged it to about 67% and went to work. At 7:45 am I've kept it off of Bluetooth but it still seems me text notifications from my phone. My battery life is now at 35% and it's only 12pm.

I don't understand what happ or what I did wrong. I previously have used Fitbits so if the Bluetooth was off you could get up to 5 days battery life. 

I'm going back to T-mobile today to discuss. Also.... They don't give you charging cube plugs anymore with newer devices. So I have to now get a compatible cube because they are all USB-C port. Some charging cables are now double ended USB-C which makes my older USB cubes obsolete. 
8 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Don't have a wireless charger ?

Obviously, some app(s) or component is stealing battery... or it's simply a defective unit. I'll assume T-Mobile will figure it out
0 Likes
AceofTrace
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
No I haven't gotten a wireless charger yet. Is that what the new thing is? I mean my watch came with the charging cable, but no cube plug thing to go into the outlet
0 Likes
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

Just to be clear, the charging puck that comes with the watch IS a wireless charger. It charges the watch wirelessly. 

AceofTrace
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Ah okay. Good. But I still have to get a new cube to plug into a wall outlet. Can I use the charging pick for my phone? Probably not?
0 Likes
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@AceofTrace If the charging brick for your phone has a USB C port then yes you can plug your watch charger into that port and charge your watch. 

0 Likes
AceofTrace
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
My phone didn't even come with a charging brick/cube!
0 Likes
Youniqleigh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm having a similar problem with the watch 5 battery. I keep it on power saving mode all day. I went to bed last night with 64% after starting the day with a full charge. It died somewhere around 2am. Nothing is on. Why is the battery great during the day but at night terrible?
AceofTrace
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Same here. Happened to me the first night I bought it. Also died while I was wearing it at bedtime to sleep. So I found out when you get it activated at a phone carrier, they add a separate phone number for it and it actually carries a mobile signal like your cell phone. So even if you aren't using it as a Mobile device for calls, it's still draining the battery. I turned off all that because it's ridiculous. I keep mine in battery saving mode, no Bluetooth and I only get about 3 days at best battery life. It sucks. I could get almost 5 days with my fitbit
0 Likes