JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Active 2 Battery Drain

(Topic created: 06-04-2020 03:03 PM)
useryvDx0mOiaY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I recently purchased an Active 2 LTE version from T-Mobile and I noticed the battery cannot last me a full day at all. Regardless of what I do the battery still tends to drain fast. Has anyone had the same issues and been able to resolve this?

45 Replies
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out.

There are several reasons why your Galaxy Watch may be experiencing battery drain or have decreased battery life. For example, certain apps can increase battery consumption. Keep reading to learn more about how to increase your watch's battery life. Give these links a try: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003232/ and https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00078033/

If all pages of troubleshooting in this link have been tried, then repairs would be the next recommended step. I would recommend reaching out to our customer service team directly at 1-800-726-7864 to get your device set up for repair.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Sandi9264
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I did the other things suggested in this thread (deleted Spotify, turned off wifi) with no success. This link worked for me.

Thanks!
0 Likes
user4Yyu471QQF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hello,
I got my Active 2 with the Galaxy s20 Ultra promotion and for maybe a month or two its been shutting down and losing battery. The information in the link did not fix the problem. If I would have known this was going to happen to the watch I wouldn't have paid extra for this one and just have gone with a different brand watch. Please help. My watch doesn't last even a shift at work.
userqgre2g0mmu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same issue here with Active 2 BT.

Went to sleep tonight with 100% battery, woke up with 24% and noticed the battery still draining about 5-8% per hour. Already checked the wear app too and nothing indicates that there is an issue, the app says I have 7 hours of battery left when clearly I'll get another 2 hours at best. I've owned this watch for a week and until this point I've had zero issues with battery life, I haven't really changed any settings either so this is really weird to me.

It seems to me that Active 2 is not the only watch with rapid battery drain issues, and everyone is having a different solution to their problem, so I'm thinking whether I should open up my own discussion or not?

user61JFinyhJT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

@@

so far what  I have experienced with Samsung is basically you have to disconnect all the usable features in order to have a longer battery life which completely makes the watch useless I wouldn't have bought such a fancy smartwatch if I didn't want any of the features to be able to be usable You can't continuously track your heart rate for accurate heart rate monitoring can't continuously track your heart rate for accurate sleep monitoring can't have your watch face wake up every time you move your arm you can't have it connected to Wi-Fi you can't have it do this you can't have it do that you can't have it do this you can't have it do that so then what's the point of even having this piece of junk.

userqgre2g0mmu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

To anyone in the future having issues with battery life: if you have the Spotify app installed on your watch, try uninstalling it.

I took my watch back to the retailer, it was sent for repairs. After about 2 weeks they sent it back without having diagnosed the problem. After I got it back, I didn't have any issues anymore either, when after a week I decided to install the spotify back to my watch, I realised it had really low reviews, so I decided to read some and a lot of people had complained about bad battery life.

Now, this isn't Samsungs fault, not in my case, but I'd suggest that either Samsung advise them to fix their app, or remove it off of the galaxy store because clearly in my case I had thought it was a factory fault, not the fault of an app. 

userLoP5qEtMQf
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had a feeling this might be the issue.... I just uninstalled it, let's see if it pays off! It's kind of a lose-lose though, right? Like on one hand, it's nice that my watch isn't broke... but at the same time I shouldn't have to delete an app that I want to use... that's a big reason for having a smart watch in the first place..... Smiley Frustrated

minhlinh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Im having the same issue now. Have you found the solution yet?

@userqgre2g0mmu wrote:

Same issue here with Active 2 BT.

Went to sleep tonight with 100% battery, woke up with 24% and noticed the battery still draining about 5-8% per hour. Already checked the wear app too and nothing indicates that there is an issue, the app says I have 7 hours of battery left when clearly I'll get another 2 hours at best. I've owned this watch for a week and until this point I've had zero issues with battery life, I haven't really changed any settings either so this is really weird to me.

It seems to me that Active 2 is not the only watch with rapid battery drain issues, and everyone is having a different solution to their problem, so I'm thinking whether I should open up my own discussion or not?

0 Likes
Avle
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I charge the watch before going to bed, went to sleep at 10pm and woke up at 5am to find the battery dead, didn't even record my sleep.

That's had happened before but there was a new update which I thought would fix it. 
I used to really enjoy this watch.