JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Active 2 Battery Drain

(Topic created: 08-03-2020 07:17 AM)
useryvDx0mOiaY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I recently purchased an Active 2 LTE version from T-Mobile and I noticed the battery cannot last me a full day at all. Regardless of what I do the battery still tends to drain fast. Has anyone had the same issues and been able to resolve this?

minhlinh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Mine too. Worked perfectly fine until last week, I forgot to charge and let it drained out. Since then, my battery only lasted for about 7hrs, instead of 2days + like before

0 Likes
userjhqlBQ0Xjy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Mine doesn't last either on a single charge. Is there a solution? Used to work fine until few days ago. 

0 Likes
userD4AFdJz0Dc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I can't get my Active 2 LTE to last more than 5 hours. I have all the features turned off except for step tracking. Very disappointed in the battery life. I use it for cycling too, but I turn on GPS during my bike rides.

0 Likes
Samsung_GgtqeuY
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same issue with the LTE version.  I have everything turned off and I lose about 20% battery every hour. 

0 Likes
Samsung_GgtqeuY
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 LTE from TMOBILE.  I have been given the run around from Samsung regarding this issue.  I actually sent it in and they REPLACED PBA - REPLACED COMPONENT.  Im still having the same battery drain issue.  Chat agents have been transferring me to other agents with no luck in sight to get this watch corrected.  With everything TURNED OFF, the battery drains completely in 4hrs.  I dont have a smart watch, I have a dummy watch on power saving mode.  THIS IS A HUGE ISSUE SAMSUNG HAS NO ANSWER TO.  Ive read through all the guides, tips, performed all the resets, deleted unused apps and with all this said and done, this is a faulty watch with a HARDWARE ISSUE!  I cant get my money back from this watch yet it is still under warranty!  SAMSUNG DOES NOT HAVE A FIX FOR THIS SO BE ADVISED!  DONT BUY THIS WATCH!     

SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Samsung_GgtqeuY I am sorry to hear about your frustrations! Please send a private message with any ticket number you may have so I can look into this further for you. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
TuAAw1x
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Disable Bixby and see how it goes.

Also disable WIFI if Bixby doesn't give you enough back.  Wireless is really seldom needed if you have LTE or BlueTooth. 

0 Likes
TuAAw1x
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

In addition, just after I posted this there was an update to my watch.  Started having the issue again.  Battery would only last a few hours.   Bixby was still disabled.  Found I had to go to manage apps in the Wear apps and do a Force stop on Bixby.    Battery life back to 2 or 3 days.

0 Likes
Huggtand
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Gwa2 LTE in stand alone mode over 4G, 3G or auto has massive battery drainage issues. Massive!

It drains between 15-30% per hour. In standby....

In BT mode it works just fine. 

Im believing Samsung have serious issues with this, but they will never ever write a post about it: Hi, sorry for the 400 dollar watch dont work as intended but we sell it anyway. 

My 46mm GW drained 2-5% per hour. Sure it have larger battery but the difference should not be that significant. 

@samsung

What are you doing to solve this? Why is the gwa2 lte draining so much over 3g/4g? Makes no sense

Looking forward to the galaxy Watch 3. Hope it has 1000mah battery. Then it would at least last half the day. 

Samsung_GgtqeuY
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

You are so very correct.  After sending in my GWA2 LTE twice to Samsung repair center, it took them over a month to send me a new or refurbished one and I had the same situation.  The battery would drain 13% an hour with everything turned off.  Had to keep it in power savings mode unitl the battery completely drained out.  I just recently sent in the one I recieved a week ago.  I also want to mention when Samsung had my watch delieverd they forgot to include the charger I sent to them.  I had to pay out of pocket for a new genuine Samsung charger.  Even to this day, after calling them twice about the charger, I have not received one.  Ive patiently waited for a watch that works and I might as well stick with the Apple Watch that actually last up to two days.   

0 Likes