JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sensor cover came off on the Galaxy watch line

(Topic created: 01-25-2020 07:15 AM)
userYP50geBk05
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought my smartwatch in May 2020. In August 2020 the sensor cover came off. I was able to send it off and have it repaired at no charge.  Today, a month after the warranty expired, I was wiping off the underside of the watch with a damp paper towel before I put it on the charger, and the cover came off. AGAIN. 

I don't mind paying for repair service but the cost estimator says it's going to be $81.  To glue the sensor cover back on. AGAIN. That's about a third of what I paid for the thing.

I don't think so. What a ripoff. I'm irritated and disappointed at what a piece of junk - and what a hassle to deal with - this watch has turned out to be.

442 Replies
userpGjbB5PO73
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

It is quite obvious Samsung is choosing to NOT acknowledge the back sensor is defective.  If they had any concern about quality customer service, there would be glowing reports instead of the answers everyone seems to be getting.  I'm also one of those that sensor no longer adheres.  I'm not going to send it in to be repaired as it looks like they want to place the blame on the owner and then charge a ridiculous price for the repair.  There can't be that many people abusing these watches.  I plan to write a complaint on everything I can.  I also will not purchase another samsung item (which currently use quite a few of).  Based on the horrible responses to the watch sensor, I am afraid if any of my other products have a defect, I would never be able to get Samsung to acknowledge it and then repair it.

userDNoV5SXsNd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Just had the same issue, got my watch for Christmas 2018, but Samsung refuses to cover under warranty saying it expired October 31, 2018.... I thought the warranty was for 1 year?

0 Likes
userETVuvaizjL
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Mine has has come off as well and is lost and they won't cover it because they say its cosmetic. Really disappointed in Samsung. And i am not sure what to do with this watch now. ☹

0 Likes
userQT9nLTJmtZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

So disappointed. This watch was purchased for me as a birthday present (a product that had only just released to market a few months prior), and not even 3 months into owning it, the heart rate sensor cover has come off twice. $450 on an LTE watch that claims ip68 water resistance, and the back comes off after 2.5 months of wear. Not exposed to water by showering, swimming, or anything more than being under my shirt sleeve during rain.

This is my second Samsung watch; my first was a frontier LTE that failed to maintain a charge and power on after 9 months of usage. Needless to say, this will be my last.

After reading countless reviews on this forum and elsewhere, I have ZERO expectation of Samsung remedying this situation in a manner fitting of the product cost. Due to the size of the failing part, and the clear choking hazard it presents to small children, I will be contacting the US Consumer Product Safety Commission, and reviewing options for a class action (perks of working for a top law firm). If anyone reading this would like to contact me to be kept abreast or share similar experience, simply reply to this and I will contact you via your username. I will be reaching out to others who posted reporting the same issue. 

What is clearly a manufacturing flaw is aggregated by Samsung's choice of response, as well as inaction to make the general public aware - much less address the flaw to begin with. 

Samsung_zJzaxFE
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Ok

0 Likes
MadMoneyDaOne
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Please keep me informed. I'm having the same issue. 

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Good morning @MadMoneyDaOne! Will you please send a private message with the model code and the serial number of your watch and a brief description of how your cover fell off? http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Bejamin77
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

What exactly is this about? Seems extremely strange that the cover wild just fall off.

0 Likes
Toot27
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

wait till it happens to you

sadly mine fell off today on 46mm

I was taking the watch off, and found the cover fell off !!!!

and previously on Gear fit2 same happened

never used near water at all

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Toot27 I would be happy to look into this for you further. Can you please send a private message with the model code and the serial number of your watch and a brief description of how your cover fell off: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes