cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy Active 2 Overheating

I purchased my Active 2 about two months ago. Living in Fl, any device left in the sun too long will overheat so when this happened within the first month i didn't pay it much attention. It has happened a few times within past couple weeks. I recently purchased a Bose headset to use while exercising. Phone died so i continued convo linking headset to watch BT (pretty cool).  I noticed my watch started to overheat because it was literally burning my wrist. It got so hot that I had to remove the watch and place it on something cool. 

Is it possible that the watch is malfunctioning while paired with other BT devices?

Samsung, please let this serve as a notice that you have a potentially dangerous issue that needs to be resolved. It's possible that I may have sustained some kind of minor injury that could have been more serious on a fragile individual. 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy Active 2 Overwhelming

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out and providing that information. Could you please provide me with your model and serial number in a private message to assist you further? https://bit.ly/2SUXRar  

Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy Active 2 Overheating

I just purchased my watch (Over $500.00 dollars) yesterday and it keeps overheating and turning on airplane mode. I was listening to Spotify on the watch in LTE mode when this happens. Any solution to this?

Thanks,

Scott

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy Active 2 Overheating

Have you tried resetting your Galaxy Watch Active 2?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Overheating

Bought the Active 2 watch a couple of months ago, been nothing but a huge dissapointment.  Supposed to be a stand alone phone but will not last for 1 minute on a call without overheating and having to  shut down. This happened two days after i purchased it.  I took it back to my provider and they replaced it.  The new one is doing the dame thing now.  This site is full of the same problems and no know resolution. 

What is up Samsung?  Makes me very dissapointed that I spent all of the money on a stand alone and could have goten the same thing with a cheaper watch that was not a stand alone.

Anybody that reads this, please be aware.  Look at another brand if you want to leave your phone at home and rely on only your watch.   

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Overheating

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to assist you further. Can you please provide me with your full model number and serial number/IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.