cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy Active 2 Rash/Burn

I recently bought an Active 2 and soon after I noticed a rash/burn. I had a Fitbit for the past year and no issues.  I scrubbed the back and cleaned my wrist and still no change.

I'm hoping I can return the watch to Best Buy because this is unsatisfactory. 

15970308722427372296260704434576.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Active 2 Rash/Burn

Oh man, could that be an allergic reaction to the material on the underside of the watch? I have a 3rd-party band that seem to have given me something similar but on the other side of my wrist. Have you consulted a doctor/dermatologist?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userYIzmH4pIC0 Oh no! I am very sorry to hear this! Please send a private message with the model code and serial number and I will be happy to look into this further. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I've had both Active and Active 2 over the last couple of years.

Its not a recurring problem for me though, but I did suffer burns/rash a couple of times in the last 4 months.  I havent researched it, but notice it happened both times when there was handwash soap left on the wrist. 

As we do now accustomed to doing, I have been washing my hands vigourously right upto my wrist (the Covid preventive 20-second wash); at times I may have neglected to fully rinse the wrist.  I suspect the Led reader light under the watch could be reacting with the trapped soap residue & causing the rash/burn.

Thats been my experience on 2 ocassions.  Hope that helps.