Original topic:

Galaxy Active 2 & Skin Irritation...

(Topic created: 02-07-2021 06:39 PM)
Ramsina
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hello there,

I have a Galaxy Active Watch 2 and my skin behind only the watch seems like it's getting burned and the skin texture is changing and getting itchy. Does the green lazer burn your skin or what can be happening?

Has anyone had this happen to them? What can be the issue?

I'm taking the watch off to let my skin heal but hate that I can't wear the watch. 
0 Likes
8 Replies
betancd
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Most watches with a rubber or latex band will do this to me too after extended wear of a few days and I will have to switch hands. I tend to try to purchase a fabric, mesh or sports band if available for my watches which tends to negate the issue.

I also like the fabric selections from bartonwatchbands website
Ramsina
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Oh yeah, I don't wear the silicone band it comes with for that reason. It irritates me only after a few days. I use a metal band or leather, and switch when I feel bothered.

However, the issue I'm having is that the area that's irritated is behind the watch only and my skin irritation looks different than when/how it did with it was the silicone band. It feels scaly, kinda like it burned. I'm wondering if it's the green lazer.

I couldn't find any Info online if the lazer affects the skin, only that green lazers affect the eyes.

I'm thinking like you say, that I need to switch hands or maybe give wearing it a rest for some time.

Thank you! 😊
0 Likes
Ramsina
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Also, thank you for the suggestion of fabric selections with Barton watch bands, I will give it a look over because I always have trouble finding fabric watch bands that I actually like.
0 Likes
usercnuHcDbKTn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am also having skin rash issues with my galaxy active 2 - is there a solution to this ? It's at the point now where I cannot wear the watch 

20210325_105751.jpg

0 Likes
Ramsina
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
This has happened to me with the silicone band the watch comes with or any silicone material. I switched to stainless steel and don't have this issue anymore. Also, when/if the silicone band gets wet or with sweat, I found that my skin got even more irritated. With the stainless steel, I feel this doesn't happen, but I do try and keep it dry and clean all the time.

As for the skin irritation from the back of the watch, it still happens. And the irritation is different looking (as seen in my post), so it's weird. I almost think it's the green lazer. When it does happen, I have no choice but to stop wearing the watch for some time or to switch hands.

Hope this helps.
0 Likes
Ramsina
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Also, I want to point out, I can't see your comment, I just see the picture.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to look into this further for you. Can you please provide me with the following information in a private message:  http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2 

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hey, just wanted to follow up. Are you still needing further assistance?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes