cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userBzqIqsy1lG
Constellation

Galaxy Active 2 Step Accuracy

It's day 3 of wearing my new Galaxy Active 2 watch. The step count is wildy overstated and incrementing when I sleep, drive and sit at my deck.  I understand a SW update in late Sept was intended to fix this but I am not seeing an improvement. Steps are important to me. I'm trying to decide if I should keep or return. Is anyone else having the same issue or know of a fix?

3 REPLIES 3
mtorres75
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy Active 2 Step Accuracy

I am having the same issue. This is the reason I gave up my fitbit because the step count was extremely off and would count steps while sitting down at my desk. My galaxy active 1 used to notify me when I needed to get up and walk and give me an option to stretch. After awhile it stopped doing that and would just count me as moving when I am sitting down. The active 2 is doing the same. It will notify me that I have been inactive and as soon as I look at my watch to see the notification it quickly goes to great you are active again when all I did was lift my arm to look at my watch. It is very inconsistent and I too would like to know if this will be fixed otherwise I will be giving it up and going back to my fossil q wander. 

userxOnFiIxyk6
Astronaut

I am having the opposite problem. I regularly get 10,000 steps at work alone and since switching to the Active 2 from Fitbit, I am averaging 4000. It doesn't count my flights of stairs either. So far I am very disappointed in the watch.

userOV698bam1K
Constellation

I agree with the OP.  The watch will increment the number of steps even though I haven't moved.  I'm also on the latest version of software.