Original topic:

Galaxy Active 2 battery drain and overheating

(Topic created on: 1/4/21 7:03 PM)
Fabianolc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

My Galaxy Active 2 is not charging properly and it's heating up while charging - sometimes, the charger (an official Samsung duo, beyond the original charger) stop because the security screen appears showing overheating signs and goes into some power-saving mode.

When I put a very low temperature in air conditioned, I get the a 100% battery power, but it drains in like 3 to 4 hrs.

I have been using the watch for almost a year now and never had a problem before.
I love my watch and I am very frustrated with this problem.

The worst was discovered that Samsung in Brazil (where I am now) refuse assistance because I bought my watch in US. I tried to pay for fixed it, and I cannot!

Can you help me? I am using a Galaxy Note 9 phone with the watch.

Watch model SM-R20 - serial number <hidden>

Regards, Fabiano

3 Replies
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. If doing a backup and reset of the watch does not correct the problem, it would be recommended to have the watch serviced. To set up service or for service information for your watch, you can call 1-800-786-7864.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Fabianolc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I did a backup and reset twice and the problem persist.

Now, I'm in Brazil and it's difficult to travel to USA during this covid's time.

I really appreciate if Samsung, as a global company, give me a support here in Brazil. The same watch is made here.

I'm trying to fix it but the company refuses, a despite of my intention to pay for the service.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

As your device is out of service as of 11/30/20, you would be responsible for the cost of repair. As your device is a US, the device would have to be serviced in the US. You would be responsible for the cost of shipping the device to the US and we would need a US address to return the device to upon completion of the repair. If you wish to set your device up for service, I would recommend reaching out to our customer service team directly at 1-800-726-7864 for further assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes