cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Galaxy Active 2 not syncing with MyFitnessPal

I've tried all the troubleshooting methods I could find and cannot get Samsung Health to sync with MyFitnessPal. I depend on the apps syncing to know where I am in the day and this is a deal breaker for me if I can't get it fixed. 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Galaxy Active 2 not syncing with MyFitnessPal

Hello

I think I may be able to help you:

1. Uninstall Samsung Health and My Fitness Pal

2. Reinstall both apps and sign into each

3. In Samsung Healthm Open settings, Data ermissions, MFItnessPal (Must be installed), Toggle on all the switches for READ AND WRITE

4. In MyFitnessPal open settings>My apps and Devices, Select Samsung Health, Select Connect

I hope this response helps you with your issue. Be sure to click "  Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Thank you

Highlighted
Asteroid

As per my original comment, I already tried that. This isn't a new issue. I found similar posts about this problem all the way back to 2017. All with the exact same suggested solution which didn't work. 

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hello Silaqui, 

I would then suggest that you take your Active 2 to the nearest Samsung Experiance or Ubreakifix sotre. They will be able to run a plethera of diagnostics on your device and figure out the exact cause of this issue for you. Here is a link to help you find a location 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✔ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you

Highlighted
Asteroid

My watch isn't the issue, its brand new out of the box and logging all my activity correctly. The issue is that Samsung Health app and MyFitnessPal aren't syncing. I have them connected properly,but I have to manually log my activity into MyFitnessPal because it's not getting the info from Samsung Health. 

Highlighted
Halo

MFP is flakey as heck with just about every activity app I've ever used, but to state the obvious, have you completely shut down the watch,  and Phone, then restarted them? <ducking now>

Highlighted
Asteroid

Smiley LOL I must have sounded super mean in my other replies. Yes I tried that too. I never had any problems with MFP while using Fitbit so this is a culture shock for me. I got it to kind of sync by installing MFP on my watch instead of only on my phone. It's still not picking up all my activity, mainly steps.