Original topic:

Galaxy Active 2 rebooting and getting a " turning watch off, to cool down" message

(Topic created: 07-16-2021 12:55 AM)
Ironmanxxxx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have had my galaxy Active 2 watch for almost 2 years and have been very pleased, however it has started to reboot every 10 minutes and is getting a cooling down message before shutting off. I have placed the watch in the freezer and tried rebooting and get he same cooling down message while booting up. It seems to be an internal software/firmware error. The only unusual this I did before experiencing this was to clear engage the water lock function. Afterwards the watch seemed to have rebooting issues and temperature issues. I have factory reset the watch, reloaded it bypassing all app upgrades and was able to get a successful reboot only to have it get a temperature cooling down message and shut off. 

HELP!!!!!!

2 Replies
FusionStudioS21
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Sorry to hear that. You might want to upgrade to the #4. Your watches OS system is told and slow for the new updates and operating systems. Watch heats up because it has to work harder to keep up with the newer software updates. Hope that helps. 🙂
0 Likes
Ironmanxxxx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks Solo21, I was thinking of getting a new watch and it is probably time for an upgrade.
0 Likes