JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Active 2 stuck on "Finishing Pairing" with S20+

(Topic created: 09-17-2020 05:57 PM)
Shadybirch
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Trying to pair my new active2 with my new s20+. the wear app just sits at "Finishing Pairing". i have already attempted to reboot both the phone and watch. deleted the watch from the app, then re-add. al;l with same result

Solution
cPIK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

The first time I attempted to connect my watch to my new s20+, I chose "Connect to new phone" and it appeared to reset the watch but I don't think it fully does.

After uninstalling/installing the app on my s20+ several times and clearing the cache as suggested at the top with no success I thought I would look into manually resetting the watch.

I uninstalled the Wear app from my phone.

Then I chose to use my watch without connecting, went through the setup steps, and navigated to Reset and reset my watch.

After the watch restarted the phone recognized it, installed the app(s) and this time it finished pairing in only a few minutes.

What a relief!

userR9D18DvMIx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you! I was struggling with this and couldn't get anything to work until I read this and tried it! You're a life saver!!!

0 Likes
usertUPPDoigxr
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

How were you able to use the watch without connecting it to the phone first?  I reset my watch to try and connect it to my new S20+ but it's doing the "finishing pairing" thing again.  I can't get anywhere in the watch without trying to connect first.  The initial screen is "Let's Go" and then it forces you to connect to your phone before you can do anything with it.  

0 Likes
Samsung_r9yX4lO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for the fix.  Had exact same issue.

0 Likes
DJL1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes , i can confirm that after factory resetting the Galaxy watch, it paired to the Galaxy phone in under 60 seconds. I followed the instructions at this link:

@userhNVzSzHzKj wrote:

I did everything they said and nothing worked... HOWEVEver just fixed it today....   my hubby RESET THE WATCH, UNPAIRED THE DEVICES, UNINSTALLED AND REINSTALLED Galaxy WEAR.

Everything Samsung did with me on the phone except he FACORTY RESET THE WATCH too.

It is paired and working!!

https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-219178/

0 Likes
user9Yuzm6cKxF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

how do I factory reset the watch without connecting to the phone? I don't see the option. (I see factory reset only after it is connected)

0 Likes
user9Yuzm6cKxF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

i was able to do recovery option using the hardware using this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_v4t5OK2ZY) and it worked fine after that. so strange that saamsung support is not equipped to suggest such a thing.

If you would like to accomplish the hard reset on SAMSUNG Galaxy Watch and bypass screen lock and remove all passwords you should follow our steps. Let's find out how to wipe all data and remove pattern. All you need to do is to perform the factory reset by hardware keys method. Use the ...
userPiuaaEzYPS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had the exact same issue, I disconnected my watch manually by turning off bluetooth and then connected it again manually and it fixed my problem.

0 Likes
userM6uN8VGln5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Galaxy watch active stuck on lets go trying to pair to Samsung s20. I have done reboot as recommended and it goes right back to the same point.

Is there anything else to try..
0 Likes
userPxn0OSSFEL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same here, and it's frustrating. I've been dealing with issues since August with Samsung and Att to resolve this.  Updated, reinstall, manufacturing restart the watch. Even I got a new watch from Samsung, and not working. I have the Galaxy S20 Ultra+ and the active 2 watch :watch:. Can someone help me?

0 Likes