cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy Active 2 watch keeps disconnecting

Hi

I have bought Active 2 as this is an attractive watch. I am facing an annoying issue of watch keeps disconnecting from my Huawei P20 pro. Every day I have to manually connect it like 20 to 30 times.

I have already researched a lot and already removed and reinstall all gear app (fresh install) and reconnect the watch. I even reset watch many time. But the problem is still there.

Most annoying thing is that it is not only me, but a huge community asking the same question from Samsung but still no satisfactory response from the company. As a last resort, I might sale it and might switch to a different watch, and it wouldn't be only me.... A lot of customers are suffering and company is sleeping.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy Active 2 watch keeps disconnecting

Same issue here. Before it would only happen when I connected my ear buds to my phone to listen to music. Now, it happens more frequently and at random. I've checked every setting and did a fresh install. Still happening. This combined with the fact that the ECG app is STILL not out, which was the reason I purchased the watch 8 months ago, solidified the fact that I will never buy another Samsung product again. 

Highlighted
Comet

@userdAJQ9rIPWU is it possible that any battery saving settings are causing the disconnect? Can you turn those off and see if the issue continues? You may need to whitelist the wearable app.

This third party site as well as another also have a list of help items for you to assist.

• Couple of other items: enable all permissions for the app and acrtive 2 plugin.
  • Turn off b attery / sleep optimizations for those. Besides giving Galaxy wearable app all permissions for battery usage and giving it authorisations to run in the background I also did this for the watch active2 plugin: Go to settings on your phone and then go to apps and once you have the list of all your apps on the screen, tap on the three dots in the upper right corner and select show system processes. Next step is to find watch active2 plugin on the list and tap on it, then go to power usage details and tap on the "app launch". Then turn of "manage automatically" function and turn on all of the other three functions. Then repeat the process for the Galaxy wearable app. 

---

Did this reply help? Let us know which step worked for you! Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution"  if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 
Highlighted
Constellation

Hello, 

I have just bought my watch yesterday and encountered the same problem, my galaxy watch active 2 would constantly disconnect from my phone (I have the Bluetooth version). After some research and figuring out I have found solution to my problem.

Besides giving Galaxy wearable app all permissions for battery usage and giving it authorisations to run in the background I also did this for the watch active2 plugin.

Go to settings on your phone and then go to apps and once you have the list of all your apps on the screen, tap on the three dots in the upper right corner and select show system processes. Next step is to find watch active2 plugin on the list and tap on it, then go to power usage details and tap on the "app launch". Then turn of "manage automatically" function and turn on all of the other three functions. Then repeat the process for the Galaxy wearable app. 

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!