cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userNhpMq4SeIv
Constellation

Galaxy Active Watch Open Water Issues

Unfortunately when swimming in open water there is no effective tracking of distance and the calories burned seem to show as much higher than expected. For a 1500m open water swim it showed 21 meters covered and over 4000 calories burned. Is there a way to fix this or is this down to the software missing the more complex algorithm used by Garmin and the likes?

1 REPLY 1
userNVgciet50S
Constellation

Re: Galaxy Active Watch Open Water Issues

Agree with poor quality of open water swim feature.   Was happy to see them finally add it, but it's as if no one tested it prior to release as basics aspects such as distance, calories, etc are so far off its a joke.     Obsuosly no open water swimmers work on Samsungs dev team. While not perfect, I still get better tracking by tracking my open water swims as a "walk" since it gives me time and GPS tracking.    The distance measured seems a little off (on the high side), but in the ball park. 

Samsung, you would be better off placing this s/w in the open source community and letting others fix/enhance it vs shipping a product of such poor quality and worse never fixing it..

@userNhpMq4SeIv wrote:

Unfortunately when swimming in open water there is no effective tracking of distance and the calories burned seem to show as much higher than expected. For a 1500m open water swim it showed 21 meters covered and over 4000 calories burned. Is there a way to fix this or is this down to the software missing the more complex algorithm used by Garmin and the likes?