Galaxy Active Watch and P30 connection issue

(Topic created: 05-19-2022 01:37 PM)
user6fiGt9qh18
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello, 

Strange one here. 

I have a Galaxy Active Watch and a Huawei P30 Pro. Up until recently I've had no connection issues. The phone updated not long ago but the issue didn't happen then. 

Watch model - SM-R500

Phone OS is Android 12.0.0

When I try to connect, the watch is showing as connected via Bluetooth but when i go to the Galaxy Wearable app, its not. Press connect and it will just hang and do nothing until I swipe the app away.

I have tried the following:

* Reset the watch - it will connect momentarily and then go off.

* Turn Bluetooth off, on both devices - Nothing

* Tried airplane mode and back off - Nothing.

* Looked at battery optimisation - Nothing. 

It connects to my wife's Samsung phone instantly with no issues. 

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your frustration with your Galaxy watch active no longer pairing with your phone. If your watch will not pair to a phone, or if it randomly disconnects, restart your watch. You should also make sure the Galaxy wearable app is up to date, but it may be necessary to reset the app and unpair your watch. Give this link a try for troubleshooting steps when your Samsung Smart watch won't connect with your phone: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003238

If you have tried the troubleshooting steps and are still experiencing these symptoms, I would recommend a service repair. As your device is most likely out of warranty, I would recommend reaching out to our customer service team directly at 1-800-726-7864 to discuss repair options or options available to upgrade your device.

If your device is international, I would recommend reaching out to the support team in your area using this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html