Original topic:

Galaxy Active Watch fully charged, dies in an hour

(Topic created: 05-06-2021 08:36 AM)
userCJW4MQKI36
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Last night, my husband put my watch to charge and gave it to me two hours later and said it was fully charged. I put it on before bed because I like it tracking my sleep. Well, when I put it on, I realized it wasn't on. I turned it on and it was at 1% and died in 2 seconds. I asked him if he was sure it was just fully charged? He said it said 80% charged when he took it off the charger less than five minutes before. 
This morning he put it to charge at 5am and took it off at 7am. I went to grab my watch on the counter at 10am and it was 80% charged. I put it on. It is now 11:32am and it has died on me. This watch used to last me 2 days fully charged and the last 5% would usually last me hours! Now my watch is dying within an hour? I don't know what to do or why this is happening. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I got a new phone (Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G) a few weeks ago and ever since I got it, there are times I get a random message telling me the Galaxy Wear app "stopped working" and gives me to the options to "wait," "close the app," or report it. I always just press close because my watch would be working just fine. What do I do? And why is this happening? I've had my watch for a little over a year. And have worn it almost every day since I got it.
6 Replies
Jw56
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
It might just be a bad battery. If it's still under warranty you can send it in to Samsung for repair/replacement
userCJW4MQKI36
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
My husband got it through Best Buy for my birthday... I'm really hoping he bought it with protection/warranty.
0 Likes
Jw56
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Don't qoute me but I believe you have up to a year manufacturer's warranty. If it's under that one year you should be good. Fingers crossed🤞🏾
userCJW4MQKI36
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
You're right. But the Watch was purchased Feb 26 2020. :weary_face:
0 Likes
Jw56
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
:pensive_face:
0 Likes
BobnDylan
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
There might be an issue with the watch because you have not changed the watch to which it is connected in the wearables app. There is a facility to change the watch to a "new phone." The reason your watch may be wearing down may be because it is constantly trying to locate the old phone and uses up a ton and a half of battery looking for a phone that you no longer have. I had that issue when I went to a Note 20 ultra and forgot to change the watch to my new phone. After I did that, no problem. My watch is a Gear Classic 3.