cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userBo8G2oTyUV
Cosmic Ray

Galaxy Buds no longer wirelessly charge

I wanted to charge my Galaxy Buds like 2 days ago and instead I saw a slow flashing red light on the case, where the case probably tried to block the charging, so I took it off and put it back on. I now do not see any light on the case when on the wireless charging pad. I tried the wireless chargers I had: PowerShare on my S10+ and my Wireless Charger Portable Battery Pack. I do know the light on the outside of the case turns on by opening and closing the case to confirm a red LED can be displayed. The temperature was around 30°C when I attempted to charge the Galaxy Buds wirelessly. Does warranty cover this damage? And is there is a fix I can do or is the wireless charging on my case toasted? It does charge through the USB-C port just fine. Everything in this product has been fine for 2 months and now it's except the wireless charging capabilities. One of my parents ordered them on Amazon and I believe there was a warranty added to that order also. Will I need my parent to do something to have a warranty replacement go through or something? I had to put it on the Galaxy Watch board because there is no Galaxy Buds board.

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy Buds no longer wirelessly charge

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to look assist you further. Can I please have your full model number and serial number in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

uservJlcDPqt7B
Constellation

I am experiancing the same issue that was described in the original email, I have been charging the ear buds using a cable to charge, but would like to recharge them wirlessly.  I have tried several different charging pads as well as my note 10+ with no luck

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hey there! 

I would be happy to look into your concerns. 

Can you please send me a private message with the below information here at this link: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

Model code:
Serial Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user1s506J8ran
Constellation

Hi, I'm having the same problem too.wired charging is fine. But wireless charging doesnt seem to work. Led outside case is  always red even after like the whole day of charging. Charging using samsung the dual wireless pad.

useru5hOHkFGBO
Constellation

Hello, I'm having the same problem. Wired charging is working fine when I have the cable pluged in, but the wireless charging to the case doesn't work. It seems to stop working after the latest update to the buds.

The case holds a charge fine, since it still charges the earbuds when they are low.  I've only has my buds for about a month and half and they are now having this issue of not wirelessly charging. Please help.

userBo8G2oTyUV
Cosmic Ray

Thank you guys for replying! I got my replacement earbuds 2 months ago and they work definitely better than my previous ones!! I can conclude that the cause for the wireless charging not working was the temperature, as I attempted to charge it in 36°C environment while the older generation (the ones that broke) had a maximum usage temperature of 35°C.