cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy Gear s3 bluetooth only watch

Gear S3 model SM-R760. Since the R760XXU2FTD4 update my battery is lasting no more then 7hrs.  Has this happen to anyone else? If so what did you do or any input would be nice. This happens way to often with these watch.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Supernova

Re: Galaxy Gear s3 bluetooth only watch

Sorry to hear this @Valleyguy 

- Make sure you keep the watch updated at all times (check manually even if you have it on auto-update)

- You might try changing the power base/cord for your charger

- You may need to put the watch in Airplane mode for a couple of hours to see if the drain issue continues, if it does the watch may need service, if it does not I'd check your settings on the phone to make sure it is only syncing and checking for other data infrequently
- If this began after an update, try resetting the watch: this can be done after every update as well as every now and then just to keep the device running smoothly. You can find help for resetting the watch here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00084702/

- Finally, you might find the third party help here gets this issue resolved.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction.

Highlighted
Supernova

@Valleyguy 

Did this end up helping you?

---

Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 
Highlighted
Constellation

I've been having the same exact issues - and some - ever since the most recent update. These include:

1. The battery lasts about 7 hours

2. The Bluetooth connection with my phone (Note 9) disconnects and reconnects on its own will

3. My sleep tracking has not been consistently recorded over the past few months; sometimes it gets recorded, sometimes it doesn't. Regardless, due to the most recent update, it's not like my Galaxy Watch's battery can last throughout the entirety of my sleep anyway. 

4. I can no longer see incoming calls on my watch 

5. When attempting to check the time, the sensor does not detect the motion of my arm moving towards my face 

These are FIVE (5) issues that I am naming off the top of my head, and I am sure I am forgetting a few. But these are MAJOR issues! It seems like whenever a software update has been released to fix one issue, it opens doors to another. And then a new update comes out, and repeat. Now, I have a watch where NONE of the above issues are  resolved.

I fear that this is merely a way for Samsung to push its loyal customers to upgrade their watches. I don't mind them doing that with phones (as every company does), but I will NOT be okay if this is going to happen with their watches. I am fine getting a new phone every year or two, but I do NOT need a new watch every year. In fact, I have not even had this watch for 6 months.

Please help resolve these issues. I am a huge proponent for Samsung products and I want to continue to remain one.

Thank you, 

Michael 

Highlighted

I've found that with my watch battery, the Lithium Ion battery has a memory almost. So use the watch until it is completely dead, then fully charge it up to 100%. Sometimes I need to do this twice to get extra juice out of my device batteries.

If my comment was helpful at all with your problem then please heart the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.