Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useroH11F8RI0I
Asteroid

Galaxy Watch 2nd Degree Burn

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My husband's new Galaxy Watch gave him a 2nd-degree burn.day 1-a.jpg

I was in touch with Samsung and had multiple calls from them to send the watch back, which I did.  I then was in a conversation with their claims department. But, now they are now ghosting me. They finally sent a replacement watch which is no big deal since the watch was covered under warranty but only after the claims rep first told me the watch wasn't in stock, and so they couldn't send a new one!  But no apology, no explanation of what happened and very little concern that the watch caused such a serious burn.

Has this kind of burn happened to anyone else?  And why is Samsung's claims dept/customer service trying to brush something this serious away? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy Watch 2nd Degree Burn

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, I certainly understand your concerns. I hope your husband is okay? Please send us a private message with the model/serial information of the watch as soon as you can. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, I certainly understand your concerns. I hope your husband is okay? Please send us a private message with the model/serial information of the watch as soon as you can. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user9PronohLZy
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My wife bought me the 46mm version for Christmas 2018. I contacted Samsung in January and have been messed with ever since. I keep hearing how they were shipping a new band and never received one. I call back, all I hear is the same thing and they apologize and say one is being shipped. I never receive one and I call back again. This last time I contacted my attorney and had him in on the conversation while he recorded it. I was told I would receive a gift card for a new band and that was over a week ago and still nothing. I can see a class action lawsuit coming from this because so many have been injured and left with a scar, I'm one of them.

I feel your pain and wish you luck with receiving the help you deserve. And the bands should have been tested which I doubt they were. I'm almost 50 and I've never had any watch band do what this one did.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code, serial number, and IMEI number via private message?

useroH11F8RI0I
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Why are the pictures I posted showing up as a yellow triangle with an !? I know they are ugly, but they're real... The watch has already been sent back to Samsung. After a flurry of very interested and urgent requests to see the watch, once I sent it back I received brusk and not particularly sympathetic customer service response. As I mentioned in my original post, a new watch has been sent but that's it. Does Samsung not take a 2nd-degree burn seriously? Does Samsung not feel some responsibility to the customer for one of its products inflicting a serious of an injury? Does Samsung feel it does not have to apologize or offer an explanation to the customer regarding a serious malfunction of a new product? Should my husband expect to receive another burn from his new watch and is Samsung suggesting that that is a trade-off to using one of its wearables? And, please don't try to frame this as if my husband was 'allergic' to the band or the watch. I know many other wearers have complained of that and I sympathize with them, but this was clearly a BURN that came when the watch overheated. After which, the watch was dead.
useroH11F8RI0I
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's really bad, too.  I've never experienced this level of poor customer responsiveness either.  And, the mods are now ignoring my comments and blocking my photos!  I guess they want me to post them on a more public forum .... 

user9PronohLZy
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I live in Wisconsin and the local news takes on complaints and exposes the company for what they are. I've already sent them all the info I've found here and my issues (burn/scar). I should hear from them soon and want this on the news. No one should ever be disrespected like many have been from Samsung. It's been almost 2 months and 4 customer support conversations later and I still haven't had things addressed. Now today I received a message stating they are shipping me a new band. I was told that same thing almost 2 months ago and by 4 support reps. I'll never buy a thing from Samsung because of how I've been treated. I've also filed a complaint with the BBB as you should.

I wonder what a scar is worth these days since Samsung doesn't care. Now I'd of been nice about things but when they treat you like you are no one it's really upsetting.

The_Oracle
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user9PronohLZy wrote:

I've already sent them all the info I've found here and my issues (burn/scar). .... It's been almost 2 months and 4 customer support conversations later and ...now today I received a message stating they are shipping me a new band.

Wow.  The watch turned out to be an incendiary device, and you get a new band.  What a country!

useroH11F8RI0I
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I finally heard from Samsung Fire & Marine Insurance, Samsung's liability carrier. They said they would get back to me 'after investigating my claim.' That was three weeks ago and I heard nothing. In the meantime, my pics are still being blocked on this Samsung Community site, so in case anyone is interested in seeing what the 2nd-degree burn my husband got from his Samsung Galaxy Watch looks like, I'll post the pics on my twitter - <edit>

Kicookie
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Report them to the BBB.  You can do it online and unfortunately I've had to do it to Samsung bc of a 5 month run around on a fridge we bought that stopped working and was still under warranty.  Everything was acknowledged and replaced within a week after I filed a claim.  Had to do this with Sears too.