cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Galaxy Watch 3 Apps

Let's talk about it. Apps for the galaxy watch...why are there so few compatible apps with Samsung Watch? I've owned 3 watches now. S3, Galaxy watch, and today received my Galaxy Watch 3. The BIGGEST complaint I read/hear on reviews is the lack of compatible apps. 

Why not give us at least Messenger? Verizon Messages (or other carrier apps)? WhatsApp? Etc. If this is what so many people are crying out for...it seems to me it would be in the interest of Samsung to respond to the "cry of the people". Nearly all reviews list this as a "con" of the beautiful and extremely capable watch. 

Agree? Disagree? Let's talk...I'm open to friendly discussion/debate. 
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Galaxy

Re: Galaxy Watch 3 Apps

the main thing is Google compatibility. The Samsung watch series is not google certified so no google play store. Tizen isn't as well known, so app makers won't benefit in making apps for it. the other issue is the specs. we are talking 1 gig RAM max maybe. 2 gigs storage... so app makers will have to downsize their apps to work with the watch, and the market for it isn't there.
Highlighted
Astronaut

I have messenger on my watch... with actually a lot of apps. I don't have any that I want that I don't already have. mine is the galaxy 3 watch. I just got it 1 week ago. I even have office.. I love and use the Samsung health app the most on my watch... but I do use messenger a lot too.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: Galaxy Watch 3 Apps

Can you tell me how to download them? How did you get messenger. When I search in app store I cannot locate.
Highlighted
Astronaut

I went to the galaxy wearable app and it was in the list and I just clicked on it to download and there it was. I have the galaxy 3 watch and it was there on both my galaxy so and my new s20 phones. I always use the wearable app for adding and removing apps on my watch. I hope this helps u! please message again if not. I will try to help more.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: Galaxy Watch 3 Apps

I cannot find it.
Highlighted
Astronaut

did u download the galaxy wearable app? its in there. just go to watch and it lists apps for the watch. just click on messenger. there yarn go. let me know if u still can't find it.