JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 3 LTE IMEI not in database of carriers

(Topic created on: 8/15/20 1:05 AM)
Syrkel2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

This is a problem on Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T as of now.  There are many reports of the IMEI of the galaxy watch 3 LTE not being in the databases of the carriers.  I am on sprint and it tells me invalid IMEI and upon searching reddit there are reports of Verizon also being affected by this.  Is there a date that can be given on when Samsung is going to provide the IMEI's of these watches to the carriers so they can be activated?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Syrkel2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yeah I was just informed by sprint that they won't have the list of imei's until the 21st. How convenient that it takes time off the 14 day return policy before you can activate the watch. Just started a return and I recommend anybody reading this so the same. This will be the last Samsung watch I ever buy and also the last Samsung phone I ever own. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 Replies
useriXvXAiYvMc
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

This is a problem I had on AT&T, called cs, could not find in database.  I returned watch.  Same old Samsung!

Solution
Syrkel2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yeah I was just informed by sprint that they won't have the list of imei's until the 21st. How convenient that it takes time off the 14 day return policy before you can activate the watch. Just started a return and I recommend anybody reading this so the same. This will be the last Samsung watch I ever buy and also the last Samsung phone I ever own. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
JohnLoose
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
This is a problem on the carrier and I believe, not Samsung. You'll need to contact them for their workaround (they have one).
0 Likes
Syrkel2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Oh yeah? A problem on the carrier? Then why is it a problem with every single carrier. Get out of here and stop spreading false information dude. If you don't know what you're talking about then don't reply. It's simple. Samsung dropped the ball here. It's happened with other. Manufacturers before too. 

0 Likes
userifmLoWvpCi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

The Carriers don't have a solution,  this watch was rushed to the marketplace without many of the advertised features including lte.  

userUicodvv3rJ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
and updates seem to be rushed out too. the last update to my watch3 disabled the lte data. it seems to be a known problem that samsung is keeping quiet but at&t is having a fit over it.
0 Likes
Crystal619
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I just got mine yesterday and Verizon has still not provisioned this watch either. I spent hours and hours of time on support and finally got to a support agent that told me hopefully in another week they might have it. I then had to go back and re-activate my current Galaxy watch. This need to be resolved. I basically have a $400 paper weight. I wish now I wouldn't have bothered because other than being a little lighter, it's basically the same watch. I still miss the features of my old lg urbane II and if it wasn't for the stand alone signal strength I would almost go back to it.
Syrkel2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yeah I sent mine back to Samsung yesterday. Last time I ever buy any of their junk again. I got a s20 ultra with a non focusing camera. Look up the problems if interested. A washing machine that was recalled because they explode and now the garbage galaxy watch 3 with non functioning LTE. I won't make this mistake again. 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
yikes. I havent had any issues, though I have tmo.
0 Likes