cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy Watch 3 Rash

Has anyone noticed any sort of rash after purchasing and wearing their new Galaxy Watch 3? I bought one about a week ago and am now noticing a circular skin rash where the watch sits on my wrist. I do not wear it too tight or too loose. I keep my wrist dry as well.

I never had any skin issues with my Gear S3 which I've owned up until now. You'll notice in the attached image, the rash is made up of tiny bumps and they definitely have an itch to them. 

I'm wondering if others are experiencing similar side effects. In looking for answers online, I see where this has been an ongoing and unsolved issue for the Galaxy Watch series. Any insight? I'm soon going to be returning the watch for a refund if it doesn't go away! 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Sun

Re: Galaxy Watch 3 Rash

I've been wearing since release day no itching or rash. I experienced that with the Pro series fitness watch.
Highlighted
Astronaut

My Galaxy Watch 3 causes a similar problem. I bought the watch in mid-August and by the first week in September, I had a rash on my wrist directly under the sensor in the back. The rash was shaped in a arc, somewhat like a half of a donut. I stopped wearing the watch, the rash resolved, I tried again, and the rash returned. I do not swim or shower with it on. I have a leather band but the rash is under the case, not the strap. I have only slept with it only once as I charge it overnight. My other watch is by a different company, has a stainless steel back, and does not cause a problem. QUESTION: Is there a coating or a film that would protect my wrist? Clear nail polish? Polyurethane? A resin? I love the features of the watch, but it is of little value if I can't wear it. My thanks in advance to Samsung for any improvement of their product.        

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@user2IpKk0vmlk Thanks for reaching out. I would like to look into this further. Please send a private message with the full model code, the serial number or IMEI number, and any images of the rash you may have so I may look into this further. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have been experiencing the same issue lately.  Any time I wear the watch I get an itchy, scaly, circular rash under the actual watch.  If I wait about a week and not wear the watch, the rash will go away but as soon as I put the watch back on the rash will come back.  I also notice that when I am wearing the watch I get a sort of burning feeling under the watch.  I love my watch but haven't been able to wear it very much due to this issue.  It got so bad this last time that my skin cracked and started to bleed.   I came on hoping that I could find something that I can put between the watch and my skin and came across this thread.  I am hoping there is a solution that can help with this rash.  Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the symptoms you are experiencing. I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have the following information in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hey, just wanted to follow up. Are you still needing further assistance?

Highlighted
Constellation

The rashes are a"thing"for most smart watches. Randomly Google 'rashes' with apple, garmin, or Fitbit. Most smart watch do it. Because it never happened with i wore my casio 24/7 for months..... Seriously, Google another brand for the same issue.