cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Galaxy Watch 3: failure

This may not be Samsung's fault but restricting features on something that in Canada is $600 is making this a no buy for me and I've been waiting for this watch for almost 2 years now having heard all these cool features were coming soon, my Gear Fit is going on four years old and use it every day.

Samsung made promises on the active 2 and for whatever reasons have not followed through with them. The Note 20 I was also waiting for, the only one that makes sense as far as hardware upgrade goes is the 512GB version and is over $2k dollars here so that is a no buy as well. Having owned Samsung's for what seems like forever, the Note 7 fiasco included this is very disappointing. Rant over.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Galaxy

Re: Galaxy Watch 3: failure

Well the Note 7 wasn't there fault... the battery manufacturer went shady on them. And what did they restrict on the Watch 3?
Using a Galaxy S7 Edge (SM-G935A) on ATT with Gear S2 (SM-R730A), Baseband:G935AUCS2APH1, Kernel:3.18.20-8575098
Highlighted
Asteroid

Blood oxygen monitoring won't be available.

https://www.xda-developers.com/samsung-galaxy-watch-3-first-update-blood-oxygen-monitoring/

as well as calorie counting, weight management features in the health app are no longer available.

Highlighted
Galaxy

I can see that there's one thing that is completely missed with this problem.  The absence of the ECG feature is not entirely Samsung's fault.  The actual fault lies with the various governments that are hopelessly slow in approving these features.  Seems that in the US, that unless it puts money in someone's pocket, any requests move to the bottom of the pile.  Apple had the same problem, and probably will with the rumored SpO2 feature that may be coming in the AW6.

Personally, unless you have a genuine AFIB problem, the ECG feature is nothing more than a "Hey Y'all come see what my watch can do" feature.  The fall detection, with automagic notification of emergency contacts has a much more valid use in real life, especially with the elderly people like myself.  Trust me, I have both an AW 4, and iPhone 11 Pro, and I'm selling both for the S20 Plus and Watch 3.  I have the Active 2 now, but I like the looks of the new watch, plus the added memory is a plus.

Please, don't be so quick to blame the company for your own country's tardiness in approving a feature that Samsung in all honesty wanted to have on their watch, after all, it is a perk in their hat to have such a feature.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I did suspect  it was government related but how much time does it take to get this through? Companies, corporations have lobbyists to get things done, if devices sell where is the motivation to make this happen on Samsung's part? Why should I be finding this out on 3rd party websites, where is the asterisk on the Product page? If my $2000 device is going to be crippled for whatever reason I deserve to know before I pay for it. Hasn't Samsung learned yet that full disclosure is the way to go,?Does the consumer deserve anything less?