Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 3 wake-up gesture unreliable

(Topic created: 06-13-2021 10:15 AM)
timg11
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the wake-up gesture turned on in settings.

Many times, no matter how I move or shake my wrist, the watch remains off.

How can I configure a reliable wake-up gesture? 

0 Likes
5 Replies
Adaboy
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
It is picky at times to wake up.
0 Likes
timg11
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes, I've noticed. That's why I'm asking here for suggestions.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
They tell you to raise the watch from your waist up to your face. Sometimes my watch dosen't wake til the third time. But a lot times it wakes by me moving my arm by walking
0 Likes
SamsungJace
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Here are some steps you can try when the wake-up gesture does not wake up your watch: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003202/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
timg11
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi @SamsungJace - Unfortunately that article doesn't have any new information. Here's the sum total of the linked article related to wake up:

"Turn on the screen
    Raise your wrist or tap the screen. (The related wake up gesture must be turned on.)
    Press the Back or Home/Power key."

There are no "steps you can try when the wake-up gesture does not wake up your watch", unless you mean press a button.

I know the default gesture and it is enabled. However, it often fails to work. Some times I have something in my hands, or my hands are dirty, so I don't want to touch the watch or push buttons.

I often see the watch wake up due to random movements other than "raise my wrist", but when I'm trying to get it to wake, it stubbornly refuses no matter how I gesture. Why?

I'm asking how to adjust the settings and sensitivities so I can  achieve reliable hands-free wake operation when needed.

0 Likes