Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 4 44mm - Shutting Itself off to Cool Down

(Topic created: 09-17-2021 09:08 PM)
Members_6VEPx8K
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just received my Galaxy Watch 4 - 44mm BT/WiFi this evening.  Turned it on and was able to set up everything through Galaxy Wear app on my phone.

20 minutes later a warning popped up saying the watch needed to turn off to cool down and the watch auto shut down.  I've rebooted/reset multiple times and now the watch cannot stay on for more than 20-30 seconds before the warning pops up again.

I can't even get it to stay on long enough to try to see if there is maybe a software update available that may fix it.

Anyone else having a similar experience??  I mean, I've only had the watch for less than 3 hours and it's doing this.

4 Replies
coopaloop
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
I took mine back it start swimming on its own and I can't swim
0 Likes
userO4AsANUgzq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Mine shut down whenever I go outside in the sun, also battery life is atrocious, 13 hours at most before needing to charge, even the Apple watch has better battery life and doesn't Constantly shut down in the sun
0 Likes
Members_6VEPx8K
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Samsung has zero resolution for this.  I've spent all morning back and forth with tech support, order support, warranty support....and the only thing that they can offer is a refund.  Then I can go re-order the same product - which is not even a possibility because the model is currently out of stock.  I pre-ordered over a month ago.

No way to exchange 1:1 the faulty product they sent me that didn't even work out of the box.  

0 Likes
Members_6VEPx8K
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

20210916_081719.jpg

This is the warning I get on the watch screen before it shuts itself off.  This is happening straight out of the box!  Watch will turn on and connect to my phone and within 20-30 seconds this happens.  I still have not received any help from anyone at Samsung other than to send it back for a refund. 

They will not offer an exchange.  I have to send it in for a refund and then re-order.  Now the watch is on back order until November.  Also, I Pre-ordered which included incentives for higher value trade-in for my Active 2 watch and a $50 bonus credit.  If I send the faulty out of box product back and re-order I will be paying $100 more than what I paid for my Pre-order.

Does anyone at Samsung have any other answer to this other than send it back for a refund!?!?

0 Likes