Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 4 Classic Bezel Loose

(Topic created: 09-09-2021 08:40 AM)
TheWraith
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have owned a GW1 with bezel for several years, as do several members of my family, and we're big fans of the bezel implementation.  However, upon receiving my GW4, the bezel is "loose", it clicks, it wobbles, it is no where near as solid and "fixed" as any of our GW1 watches.  Is this "the new normal" for GW4 watches?

If you tap the top, bottom...anywhere on the bezel you can feel a tactile 'click', as if it was a button of some sort.  It makes an audible clicking noise and feels like it's missing some gasket to 'seal' it.  It's hard to explain.  The bezel on the GW1 has NO noticeable movement except for it's standard rotating motion.  Assuming I had some product defect, I contacted Samsung.

They told me they didn't do "exchanges" for situations like this.  I had to "return" my product, they'd email me a shipping label, then I had to "buy online again" (purchased from samsung.com).  Of course, they then informed me they had no inventory in their warehouse and it would take several weeks to "get my new watch", and they couldn't promise me when I'd get it.

Horrible, horrible customer service on the basis of receiving an (assumed) defectively manufactured product.  I am going to return my GW4, get my refund, and keep using my GW1.  I was already completely dissatisfied with the GW4 being a crippled WearOS implementation.  How does Samsung put out a Google OS and not include Google Messages as the default SMS app?  No, it's Samsung Messages.  How do they put out a Google OS and not include Google Assistant as the default voice assistant?  No, they force that ridiculous Bixby on everyone.  Not even a Gmail app on the watch, just a useless MS Outlook app.

Adding to my dissatisfaction is the fact they removed features when moving from Tizen to WearOS.  With Tizen you had more notification options.  Had the ability to NOT auto-open the details of a notification as a toggle.  That doesn't exist on their WearOS version.  You get a notification, a split second later, it auto-opens in its full glory - whether you want it to or not.  The Tizen interface and within Galaxy Wearable has many more options and features than the WearOS does.  As a general rule, customers do not like losing options/features when "upgrading"..

The GW4 is an easy decision to return, in my book.  Perhaps, a year or so after Samsung provides updates that doesn't cripple WearOS in favor of their proprietary software, I'll reconsider.

0 Likes
4 Replies
GameRooster
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Try going into notifications and ticking off the ones you don't want. I have a galaxy watch 4 digital bezel 44mm works great. More faces to come .
0 Likes
Home_in_BKK
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch

Trade my old galaxy watch in for galaxy watch 4 classic.  So far, I got it to work the same as my old one. For me, it's great upgrade.

0 Likes
Cuchulainn
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
That has not been the case with mine. The bezel feels smooth, solid and even. You may want to purchase another. I am coming from a Active 2, my wife has a GW3. I like the GW4 better than either.
TheWraith
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I contacted Samsung and requested an exchange.  They told me they don't "do exchanges".  They will process a return then I have to submit a new purchase.  Oh, and they are out of inventory and cannot say when an "order today" might be fulfilled.

So, I boxed up the watch and returned it.  I'll check back with Samsung in 6mo. or so and see if they've 'fixed' any of the shortcomings missing from my (current) Galaxy Watch (2018).

0 Likes