Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 4 GPS & HR poor quality...

(Topic created: 09-13-2021 10:25 AM)
DarthSqueak
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
For the life of me I can't understand why this watch still loses HR and records gps so poorly in 2021.  GET IT TOGETHER SAMSUNG!  I have a 4yr old Garmin that tracks with better accuracy and consistency.  Is Samsung aware of this and continues to not fix??????????
8 Replies
Home_in_BKK
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch

No problem here.  I wear GW4 per instruction manual, "keep it a inch above the wrist joint"

0 Likes
DarthSqueak
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Unfortunately, I follow their instructions and this isn't my first Samsung watch. My active had the same issues. GPS wanders in open spaces and HR will just stop recording for long segments.
0 Likes
Home_in_BKK
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch

I assumed you got "continuous" monitor set on the watch.  By default it's set at "every 10 minutes while still".  So far I have no problem...  I don't think GPS is the factor. 

0 Likes
DarthSqueak
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yeah, continuous is set. Looking around I'm seeing that this isn't an uncommon issue. Seems a software fix may be in order.
0 Likes
Nike007
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
This is getting very frustrating. I can never get a continuous heart rate readings while playing tennis. There r always gaps. This hardly happened in watch active 2. I really hope someone in samsung is working to fix this 😞
Home_in_BKK
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch

Try wearing it on another wrist. 

0 Likes
usermz7TU4qqdD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Unfortunately this watch is a disaster when it comes to the accuracy of the health sensors compared to the competition.

https://youtu.be/SHp-NiGM5-k

I say this as someone who bought both a classic and standard model at launch.

Samsung should be embarrassed putting out a product so buggy, when the competition at both the premium and budget end do better. Reviewers of the watch looking at it from a health and exercise tracking perspective are slamming it all over social media, bit of a PR disaster, I wonder if Samsung cares.

0 Likes
DarthSqueak
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Samsung has had the same problems for years. Big, obvious problems that they simply ignore and they continue to lose market share because of it.

I had vowed to abandon Samsung's watch line after the poor performance or the active 2 and the void that was Tizen, but Samsung shocked me and rejoined Google in WearOs. Surely their new tracking sensors were the answer to their spotty tracking as well!? NOPE, same old Samsung. 3 consecutive watches with terrible tracking and I'm not getting burned again. GW4 will be returned
0 Likes