Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 4 Heart Rate Freezes

(Topic created: 09-23-2021 12:27 PM)
useraiApIvgMm2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

We'll I'm almost ready to return this watch,

The heart rate (I have it set to continuous mode) constantly freezes for 10 mins or more at a time, this is for the heart rate display on the watch face or on the heart rate tile. The heart rate tile will just blink blink blink forever with no new reading. Today I did notice when this was happening that looking under the watch edge there was no green light blinking. I tried rebooting the watch and now the green light is on and I am getting readings on the watch face and in the heart rate tile. I don't understand why every time you go into the heart rate tile it needs to blink 3 times or so before it gives you an updated heart reading.

Now under exercise mode it forces the heart rate reading to work, seems to always be working, but I'd rather not have exercise mode on all the time. I did notice some very high readings that may be related to any sweat or moisture that happens under the watch when you work out. Not sure but trying to wipe down the watch and wrist when this happens but have not made the connection for the wacky high readings every now and then.

So having to reboot the phone to fix the heart rate continuous mode and/or running exercise mode and removing the watch to wipe it down while working out just not sure this is how a fitness or smart watch is suppose to work. I have not had this issues with my Fitbit watch.

I have ordered a Polar H9 and installed the Sporty Go! app with the Bluetooth Sensor Package to see if I can use that combination at the gym. As far as trying to get a heart rate while walking around and sitting we'll guess will need to reboot often for now.

Anyway I'm still in the return window so that is an option too.

5 Replies
useraiApIvgMm2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Spoke too soon heart rate worked for 15 minutes after rebooting and is now frozen again,. tile just blinks, green light is on. Frustrating.

0 Likes
HollowKing
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Try a factory reset.
0 Likes
RandyHernandez
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Return it and give the money to charity/homeless people..
LaurenceGough
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Heart rate tracking on this watch is a joke. Still faulty even after the most recent S Health updates and WearOS update.  Tracking during exercise is so inconsistent and faulty.

0 Likes
Home_in_BKK
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've been using GW4 with continuous health monitors ON.  The HR is working flawlessly for me through out the day, including workout session and sleeping hours.  Try factory reseting the watch and make sure all the software are up-to-date.  If it does not resolve, return it.

0 Likes