Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 4 Home Key

(Topic created: 08-26-2022 03:51 PM)
from702tothe808
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I keep setting my Galaxy Watch 4 Home Key to Google Wallet, but it keeps reverting back to default. This started happening after the latest Watch update. Is there any way to fix it? Is it a known issue?
4 Replies
Pep1286
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have my GW4 set to google wallet also with the home key double press, and I found that when ever I get a update from the gooe play store that updates the wallet then the watch will revert back to default until I change it back again. Must be some kind of safety or security thing it does
0 Likes
userVJKgVdxQBv
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Started doing this to me after last update. Also had back button stop working but turning off watch then back on fixed that.
0 Likes
jimiv123
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Lucky you. Restart didn't fix my back button issue. It's just the back button setting. Other functions on that button work fine.

0 Likes
TE
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

The fix for the back button (believe it or not) is to turn on water mode, then turn off water mode.  It works, but I have no idea why.

As to the google wallet issue, I have that issue as well.  It appears to be when the Google Wallet App updates.  I am thinking that since they switched from Pay (which was a built in software on one of the updates) to Wallet, which isn't one of the "native" apps, then when it updates, it is removing and reinstalling the app which is killing the setup on the watch.  I have noticed on my phone, some shortcuts I have on my home screen disappear when those apps update also.  Not a stretch to think that could happen with Wallet on the watch as well.

I think the issue is for the Google Wallet team to fix vs Samsung.  I doubt Google cares anymore about fixing something on the Samsung eco system any more than Samsung cares about fixing their watch for us to use a Google app since they removed all the useful functions of Samsung pay.

I have to thank them for removing absolutely every reason I had to stay loyal to the brand.  For the first time in a very long time, I have no reason to only consider Samsung in order to keep my ecosystem working.  All of the exclusive features I depended on are now gone.

0 Likes