Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 4 Mountain Biking No GPS

(Topic created: 10-22-2021 03:44 PM)
hodgepodger
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Why is there no GPS for the Mountain Biking workout? I'll use "Cycling" next time, but Mtn. Biking should be a GPS activity.

6 Replies
LaurenceGough
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

This sounds like really bad news if this is missing, I went to check myself to see if there are any options to turn it on but alas, I can't even get it to show up on the watch under workouts - it says I've added it to my watch from my phone Samsung health app...

I will let you know if it eventually shows up if I find any option.

But seriously, if it's missing - why!!!

LaurenceGough
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

It eventually showed up and I can confirm there is no GPS tracking but normal cycling does.

What on earth? Why was this decided like this? 

My only guess is because the battery is so useless it wouldn't last a 5+ hour mountain bike ride with GPS on?

The same could be said for walking, or hiking, or cycling which all have GPS enabled...

0 Likes
cmderden79
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Just had my first ride on MTB setting. Same story - HR, Time, Calories - no GPS/Speed/Distance. I was surprised as I changed my stem 2 days ago, went for a stroll around the hood and auto cycling kicked in (first measured ride on the watch).  Got home - everything looked good so I assumed MTB would be the same. Big oversight here @Samsung Team . Please pass this on to treat Mountain Bike setting the same as Cycling.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user4uhUakWXNt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I concur with the above comments. There should be a dedicated Mountain Biking activity. I have the Watch 3 and its very good but as well as no dedicated MTB, there is also no way to record altidude or meters climbed in the normal cycling setting. This makes the cycling one useless for MTB and I would presume most Road Cyclers would want altidude too???

Why not just look at how a Garmin does it and copy that?

0 Likes
LaurenceGough
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I think the answer is to just buy a Garmin watch instead 😉  That's what I'm doing.

0 Likes