Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 4 Notification Issues (Slow, sometimes not at all, no vibration)

(Topic created: 08-24-2021 01:21 AM)
userM6nPVhWura
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

After searching high and low, changing/altering every setting know to man, making sure its not on watch mode, Notify whether using phone or not, I can not consistently receive notifications on my Galaxy Watch 4. There will be a brief period through the day where it MAY notify and vibrate at the time of getting notification on my phone, however more times than not it silently appears on my watch, no vibration and about 10-15 minutes late. Completely ruined my buzz and hoping to get this sorted. 

I am using a Google Pixel 5 with Android 12 Beta. 

Suggestions?

8 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your frustration and would be happy to look into this further for you. Are you using a Bluetooth or LTE watch?

Does this happen with all apps or specific apps?

What notification setting is your phone on (sound, vibrate, etc)?

Also, as you are on the beta of the Android 12, this may be a compatibility issue as it wasn't launched to other devices at the current moment.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userM6nPVhWura
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks for getting back to me.

Bluetooth, all apps it doenst work, and ive tried my phone on a mix of settings. Silent, Vibrate and Loud. Initially had it on Android 11, upgraded to 12 to see if it would make a difference, but no connected it to another Android 11 phone to see if it would work. Alas it does not. 

The notification appears on the phone, then about 5-7 mins later, it appears silently with no vibration, on the watch. 

0 Likes
userM6nPVhWura
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

FYI I have just linked my trusty Samsung Galaxy 1 Watch back up, on Android 12, and works perfectly. Before I return the watch, do you have any plans for a software or watch update imminently? 

0 Likes
userM6nPVhWura
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Any updates on this?

0 Likes
ayeika
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Would love to know also, same thing here and I cant even open google play store on watch

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm having the same issue, I have the z flip 3 and galaxy watch 4 44mm. My screen doesn't come on for notifications, I get no alert for emails or text. I have the lte watch
userLDXTH2bF25
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

In reddit have several posts for that issue. I have same problem with samsung calendar,  no vibrating and don't wake-up a display 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
How are we supposed to get help when th this.
0 Likes