Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 4 and Google Messages

(Topic created: 08-31-2021 06:45 PM)
Birdnerd245
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I currently have a watch active 2, and I like it, but I REALLY want to be able to switch back to my beloved Google messages app. I hate Samsung messaging.
I am willing to spring for the new Watch 4, and I even chatted with a Samsung customer service rep who told me that the watch 4 supports Google messaging. But I'm skeptical. Does anyone have any firsthand experience with using Google messaging on their watch 4?
5 Replies
Mizz_J
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I just got my Watch4 Classic. It's working on mine without issue. My phone is also new... S21 Ultra... Not sure if that matters or not but mentioning. I have the LTE version of the watch in case I add a plan, but only using via wifi or Bluetooth now.
DoyleCW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I’m attempting to use it. It is requiring me to leave the watch connected through the Wear App. When I walk away and am out of range from my phone, the watch disconnects but I can send messages. However, the app on the watch DOESN’T update to show the messages that are sent or received while I’m not connected to my phone by bluetooth. I’m trying to troubleshoot that now. I figured it would stay connected and update regardless of my connection over WIFI or LTE but that’s not what I am experiencing.

DoyleCW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

After a few hours of troubleshooting, it just started working. It may have been because I set the "Remote Connection" to off and disconnected the watch, closed the Wear app on my phone completely, and then turned it back on. When I went outside away from my phone to take the dog out, it cloud connected and started showing me the notifications from apps on my phone.

The ONLY issue now with Google Messages is that it takes a minute or two for the message I sent to show up in the text list. Other than that, it's working fine.

I have a Galaxy S9+ and the Galaxy Watch 4 LTE.

user5Q9Pj2d4SK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am experiencing the same and am very frustrated.  I bought this Watch 4 with using Google messenger in mind and am quite disappointed.  I hope this bug is worked out.  I may not keep the watch

0 Likes
West100
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Mine works great. Google messages shows as an app in my app list. I can create a new message and reply. I have the Bluetooth version of the watch4.