- Battery drain about 1.3-1.8% per hour when watch is idle/inactive with most features/sensors off (no AOD, no screen activity etc., airplane and power saving on) which suggests WearOS and/or Samsung's software are buggy. Currently the most critical problem with this watch is battery performance; 40 hours advertised battery life is not acceptable for a smart watch with 361mah battery anyway. Even worse, many users have reported watch cant last even a day. Google and Samsung devs must solve the bugs and optimize OS for longer battery life. Much cheaper watches or bands last couple weeks even a month with like 2/3 battery capacity of GW4. They provide similar workout and health stuff, basic notifications, remote media control etc. With all features on they give much better battery life than GW4 with all smart features off (no notifications, no wifi, no BT, power saving on etc.) even much better than when Galaxy watch 4 is waiting idle doing nothing. Definitely WearOS is not battery optimised and buggy. Samsung apps might be making it worse as well.
- Occasional inconsistent sleep tracking; Once, I slept around 3am, got up around 7am, was active for a while then went back to sleep around 8:30am then i woke up again after a few hours. Watch and Samsung health app only saved/showed sleep time from my first sleep between 3-7am. Another day, the watch didnt save any sleep data at all while power saving and airplane mode was on over night.
- Watch doesnt record gps route when walking workout started automatically.
- In Wear app under battery settings usage time since full charge is reset to 0 mins after turning back from watch only mode.
* Lite/Esential mode for lite users and battery saving purpose where watch shows basic data like time/date, steps/distance, maybe basic notifications if BT on etc just like fitness bands. Those simple cheap bands last few weeks even a month with those features on with a 200-300mah battery.
* Auto workout detection time interval should be shorter or users should be able to change time intervals for auto workout detection like 1mins, 5mins 10mins, so not only 10mins. Some people do a specific workout for 4-7 mins and take some rest then start again for another 4-7mins or so.
* Automatically turn on bed time mode couple minutes after falling sleep.
* Google voice assistant
* Double tap option for touch screen to wake feature. When watch screen touch legs/arms etc. by accident especially during sleep, screen keep turning on. Double tap is better than single tap for screen wake.
* Users should be able to change time intervals for heart rate monitoring like every 10mins, 30mins, 60mins etc. Longer intervals can boost battery life too?
* For power saving purpose there must be customization settings for time intervals of auto syncing of various applications/services which cause fast battery drain like Samsung health service, BT connections, auto updates and some WearOS specific services, so users can choose longer time intervals to save battery.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.
I'm just expressing my dissatisfaction with the available galaxy 4 watch apps. Apps such as telegram, Google chat, Google assistant, and dozens of other popular apps do not exist for this watch. Maybe it's time to go apple, so that I can wear a watch that truly compliments my phone. Let's go Samsung! Give the developers a reason to create these apps!