JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 4 doesn't vibrate on notification (GMAIL)

(Topic created: 09-18-2021 05:48 AM)
userofthbjv3KH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello,
I just bought my new GW4 but it doesn't vibrate on notifications.
I tried everything :
1) No night mode
2) No Theater mode
3) Resetting the watch
4) Vibration mode is on
I receive all the notifications but it doesn't vibrate when receiving for example an email in my Gmail account.
Can you help me?
Thanks

122 Replies
userdVVDFPp3ep
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same issue here with S21 Ultra & GW 4. The watch doesn't vibrate on Gmail and WeChat notifications, which are the most important two apps for me. Messeages, Clock and Phone work fine, so I believe it is a software issue. Please fix it.

Home_in_BKK
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch

Gmail update on 9/13, it's not fixed the issue.

0 Likes
Members_xRC4eew
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Notifications for Gmail still do not work. My phone will vibrate appropriately but there is no vibration on the watch. The orange notification dot does appear on the watch but obviously you would have to check the watch to realize you even received the notification. Yes you can use an alternative email client such as outlook, but some people prefer to have two separate email clients. The fact that Gmail notifications do not work appropriately on this watch is mind-boggling especially since it's based on wear OS. This needs to be fixed as quickly as possible and people will be turned off by this and return it.

0 Likes
cohoman
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just set up my new Watch 4 Classic and I also am having issues with not receiving vibration notifications for Gmail. Worked flawlessly on my previous Gear Sport Watch (Tizen OS), but not the Google Wear OS? That just doesn't make sense. This should be an easy fix by Google/Samsung! Please fix it soon.

0 Likes
userMKXhlarrcA
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Having same issue with Gmail and also TickTick notifications. The dot appears but no vibration or popup.

Galaxy watch 4 44mm and Oneplus 6T.

0 Likes
tommy_s
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Same issue here. Shame on Samsung for knowing about it since day one and do nothing to fix it. Thanks God I didnt get Fold 3 - who knows what did they screw up there.
0 Likes
userHxeskn1FNi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same for me, brand new GW4 Pixel 3a phone, no vibration or screen pop up for Gmail. Text/SMS etc all work fine. 

0 Likes
J24harvey
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I am having the same issue. It's only with Gmail. I can see the notification when I scroll but not getting the physical notification. I've done everything even talked to Customer Care and to no avail. Returned the watch for a new one and the same issue.
0 Likes
userK2m2TPMVt1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Sounds like this isn't the only failure of Google app integration on the Galaxy Watch 4: https://9to5google.com/2021/09/16/galaxy-watch-4-google-prompt/

What the heck is going on, Samsung??

user6O8L8eZTDo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Same here Galaxy Watch 4 40mm with Z Flip3 5G and no Gmail notifications at all. For others it vibrates sometimes but not consistently.