JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 4 has no Google Services ( Play Store, Assistant, Maps, etc)

(Topic created: 06-15-2022 05:50 AM)
GalaxyHiker79
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi all,

As the subject says, my Galaxy Watch 4 doesn't have any Google services or products on it.  I've searched everywhere and have not found any resolution for this.  I've only found one other post with the same issue, but there was not reply to it. 

After an hour of chatting with Samsung Support and getting nowhere, I was assigned a Ticket # and was told I'd receive a response within 48 hours... that was on June 7! 

Can anyone help?? 

6 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@GalaxyHiker79 Let's check something. Open the settings on the Watch. Click on About watch. 

• What model number is listed? 

In that area, click on Software

• What UI watch version is listed?
  • What software version is listed?
0 Likes
GalaxyHiker79
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Here ya go20220615_082547_4447_1655295949.jpg20220615_082558_4448_1655295959.jpg20220615_082502_4446_1655295904.jpg
0 Likes
Oxford
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
The R805 version is the original Galaxy watch, which is on the Tizen operating system. Therefore, you will not be able to load any of the Google apps because it's not Wear OS operating system.
GalaxyHiker79
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Okay, soooo.... what does that mean?  Why does it have the wrong OS, and how would I correct the issue? 

0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@GalaxyHiker79 "Okay, soooo.... what does that mean?  Why does it have the wrong OS, and how would I correct the issue? "

You can't install Wear OS on the original Galaxy Watch.

You need a Galaxy Watch 4. It is the only Samsung Watch which runs Wear OS. 

GalaxyHiker79
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Gotcha. It was misrepresented as a Watch4 where I bought it. Sucks because the only reason I got it was because I wanted to use a particular golf gps app, and it can only be installed through the Play Store. Alrighty then, off to ebay it goes! Thanks for the clarification.